Small split in center console

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a very small split on my center console right behind the shift boot (about 1/8 of an inch long). Does anyone know if Dodge will replace this? The vehicle is still under the original factory warranty. I remember someone else talking about this a long time ago.
Thanks in advance.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen quite a few vipers out there with center console creases. I saw quite a few rental vipers in Las Vegas this past week. Almost all of them had a crease in the center console. My guess it comes form putting alot of weight on the console.

I have only seen this occur in R/T's. Have you been resting your top on center console or leaning on it when placing or removing your roof?

I would be curious to know if this would be covered under warranty. If it is not covered, seems it is time for one of those nice custom center consoles.

Good Luck,

John

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a very small split on my center console right behind the shift boot (about 1/8 of an inch long). Does anyone know if Dodge will replace this? The vehicle is still under the original factory warranty. I remember someone else talking about this a long time ago.
Thanks in advance.

Yes! It is covered under the 3yr/36,000m Warranty. Not covered under a DC Service Contract!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine replaced under the 3/36 warranty a few weeks ago. The problem is that there is no support under that area so if you lean on it, it will crack. I believe they have improved this with the one that I got.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper John I was in Vegas last week too, I saw all those poor vipers for rent up & down the strip. I bet they get ragged out quick!

Andy

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great, thanks to all who responded. Now I have some ammunition if my local dealer gives me any crap!

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great, thanks to all who responded. Now I have some ammunition if my local dealer gives me any crap!

Blue Pilot,
If they give you crap, call me and I'll get for you! Or tell them to call me and I'll explain life to them! :eek:

OP
OP
B

Blue Pilot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck, your offer is much appreciated. I will be calling you soon on an extended warranty, my original factory warranty is up around the middle of August.
Thanks Again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960