Snakeskin green and black paint on my gts.

chaserv10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 99 gts was repainted under a recall and the work was not perfect. I'm thinking of doing a snakeskin green and black paint job like this one.

Attachments

• vw_285.jpg
    vw_285.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 120

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i loooooove that green but I'm not sure black strips would look good, there was a picture of a RT posted not long ago with a slightly lighter green with a black strip and though it would have looked better without it, if you have your heart set on a black strip I would just do one offset on the drivers side about 4 inchs wide

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
In my opinion...that would be a great combination!! We have a couple of SSG Coupes with black stripes that are nothing short of striking...one of which came from the factory, the second was "born" with white stripes and the current owner had them changed to black. Both cars have black wheels, dark windows...they are BAD ASPS!!! (and, NO...we don't own one!!)

My worry would be whether or not your painter (and the paint itself) could capture that special magic found in the OEM examples.

Good luck with a great idea!!

OP
OP
C

chaserv10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was playing the other day to see if I could get the lines right on the hood to look just like the Gen 4 coupes and the tape line would be right in the lower point of the curves on the hood. It will also miss the wheel well vents which would be green. I wouldn't do it because I would be afraid of hurting the value but the car has already been painted. I will be putting on 5 spoke srt wheels which will be powder coated black.

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was about to do it to my car but decided not to... I just thought I would get sick of seeing it that color haha. It looks cool on other cars I rarely see though.

Would def be different! Mine is Red/Black, just didn't do the hood.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id have to see it but i dont think a gen 2 would look right with it. but im not a fan of the color on the gen4s either..

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ever consider doing pearl white with the black str strips in the picture, i think for sure that would look good

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The color looks great in person on the later gen Vipers for sure. I think that I would want to see a photoshopped version on a GTS, if I was contemplating that for my car.

OP
OP
C

chaserv10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The only other paint job I'm considering is the orange off the new ACR with a black roof and wing with the ends painted orange.

OP
OP
C

chaserv10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have no idea how to use photo shop if someone would want to attempt it with the pic of my car that would be awesome. Thanks

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't really consider SSG until I saw one in person. Then I bought it. It's amazing.

If your shop can paint, you won't regret SSG and black.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATZVR, great job with the photoshop, can you do one just like the photo above in a similar angle in white with a sold black center and one with a in white with a black center and a white strip in black, check out the link so you can see what I mean :)

OP
OP
C

chaserv10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the green thanks. I plan on just doing the entire center of the hood black just like the one in the pics I posted. It won't be until May or June that it gets done. The body shop is backed up with 50 cars from the rough winter right now. Thanks

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the green thanks. I plan on just doing the entire center of the hood black just like the one in the pics I posted. It won't be until May or June that it gets done. The body shop is backed up with 50 cars from the rough winter right now. Thanks

How are you going to do the center of the hood in black on a Gen 2? The Gen 2 doesn't have the same lines as the Gen 4, and I'm having a really hard time picturing how to run a black center band down such a different hood. IMO it'll break up the lines of the car too much. I hope it works out well for you!

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ATZVR, great job with the photoshop, can you do one just like the photo above in a similar angle in white with a sold black center and one with a in white with a black center and a white strip in black, check out the link so you can see what I mean :)

Sorry. Beyond my skill set and beyond my basic version of Photoshop I think ! You need an AUSTIN - level guy for that.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSG looks great on Gen4s but it looks Ricey on a Gen2. Just my opinion but if I saw an SSG coming down the street I would be watching to see if it changes colors as it goes by.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the Pearl White/Black Stripes, with black wheels. SSG is a great looking color, but I'm not sure it looks right on a GTS IMHO.

One of our members, 97SNK, has pearl white with black stripes/black wheels and for me its a stunning look! Here's a photo of his car:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456