So are we allowed ...

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, add the aero kit, stryker red, and carbon accents on top of all other optional equipment and there is your Viper with a $150k MSRP. Well, lets see who here puts up the dough for it.

I am excited to see the aero kit though...

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was a bit more comfy than in my gen 3 /4. I think the helmet space is good, although I think there's still the roof line along the top of the door that you'll bump into, this is a trouble spot for me in the gen4, not so much against the roof, but bang a bit to the left against that roof edge / door opening, I think the gen5 is similar. Felt like more room for elbows and arms, and arm rest and console are more padded, for long drives should be better than gen4 which can get the elbows sore if you rest them on long street drives.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You want an ugly ass end on the vert? I don't really understand what you would want different. The Gen II GTS and the Gen III / IV coupes look worlds better than the RT/10 and Gen III/ IV verts.

This is subjective to the eye of the beholder. I own both a GTS and an RT/10 and have taken both to car shows. I took a poll. For every 3 people that preferred the GTS, there was one that preferred the RT/10. Particularly it seamed that older people (50+) preferred the RT/10. I personally prefer the GTS look, but some like the pancake RT/10 rear end. If 25% of Viper owners prefer a unique vert, then they should make a unique vert. I doubt it will happen though.

Last edited:

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great feedback guys thanks. The vert in that article looks real ugly.
"How fast is fast enough?''Just get me the car!!

JoelW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob may have had more time in the car than some of us. It was near lunch when I drove the car - blue with white stripes - and they wanted out of the cars. Of course they said they will only make 150 of blue with white stripes. Kind of stupid I thought. If you have a great color combo go for it. And the Stryker Red will be at least a $10,000 option. They claim it costs that much to paint it - and the color was not near as good as the "foam" display car. The Styker red car had every conceivable option and they speculated it would be a $140K car. It was very nice inside with the optional leather, track pack, etc. But that is big bucks.

We had a loooong conversation with several of the engineers while we were waiting 45 minutes to drive the cars. Hats off to them for standing in the sun talking cars with us. The fit and finish on the (blue white stripes) car I drove was just as good as the Gen 3 I have and as good as you might expect - very nice inside. I was not impressed with the digital display on the information panel - lots of choices and you would have to take your eyes off the road to make some of them. The instrument cluster is the same film setup as the new Dart if you want to check it out. The clutch was very light and smooth compared to my car. The interior was just a bit more roomy but I'm a big boy. The power seats seemed more comfortable but 600 yards of driving won't tell the tale. The folks were very protective of the cars - as you might figure and they kept saying over and over again "we don't have extra parts so be careful". They did stand up pretty well to the heat though my car was sitting on about 214 which says a lot about the abuse they got. I would trade some of the high tech instrumentation for old style knobs and buttons but I know that is the way the world is headed. Overall, the car seems a step forward - especially on the inside.

I was impressed by the SRT cars and they took a lot of abuse and held up great on the track and on the slalom course. Oh, and the engineer we talked to said he couldn't talk about the new Barracuda but sort of hinted there is a lot of push to make it happen.

Last edited:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That would be cool if they made the Barracuda.
You must be registered for see images attach

I guess i will see the viper at Sema.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the fit and finish. I spoke to one of the engineers that commented that these were pre production examples. The molds for the body panels had to be made a little loose so no parts would touch and bind for the first trial. After they see how things go, they can add additional material to the molds to tighten up the gaps.

We spoke about ride height. Most all the prototypes had different ride heights and rake. This is something they are honing in on. They want to make the wheel gaps nice and tight, but no rubbing or handling problems. Several of the cars had evaluation springs and shocks. With the new car being a bit lighter they need to take some time to get a final solution. One of the blue/white cars had on modified ACR shocks. Maybe doing evaluations for a future ACR. Who knows.

I do know that the SRT team was listening closely to the feedback they got from the attendees. It was good to know that they were taking our comments seriously and it was a great feeling to know that we had, in some small part, the chance to influence the future design of Vipers.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
That would be cool if they made the Barracuda.
You must be registered for see images attach

I guess i will see the viper at Sema.

That looks so much like a new Camaro it's not even funny. Please no.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen that rendering of the Barracuda. Way too camero - like!!!

Go to www.allpar.com other "looks."

BTW my understanding is the project has been scraped as it came in too costly.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We spent a very long time with the Engineers and Designers and there is simply no doubt the fit and finish will surpass anything seen in the Viper's past. Frankly the interiors were so stunning, even the base model, that it is hard to imagine anyone not being pleased. What I really liked was the positive feel of the steering ( one felt very connected to the input) as well as the transmission. Realizing not alot of change but a new shifter , it felt almost as good as my MGW equipped ACR! We may not have gotten to drive them very far, but it was enough to feel the changes in ride and the handling is definitely more neutral. Lastly the power seats move around so much , that even taller guys will likely find a comfortable position. Mark Jorgensen got in an noted it was not alot more room at first, but the seats are farther back and after some movement forward and then some angling of the seat he was more comfortable than in his 08 Coupe --- and it had a 2 inch lowering kit.

AJ usmc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the vert's realy pretty... but wair did the brake duct go? or does it even need it since you will only realy get brake fade on-track?
ps. i dont like that rendering of the cuda. but i would like to see srt's rendering of the cuda along with a 70s daytona or super bird

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake cooling ducts are still there in the grill. Vert's will be tracked, was just doin 150+ in mine at Charlotte. ;-)

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brake cooling ducts are still there in the grill. Vert's will be tracked, was just doin 150+ in mine at Charlotte. ;-)

I think he is referring to the cooling ducts for the rear brakes, which I think are about styling as much as anything....

Bill

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, sorry, yea there seems to be some confusion on those ducts. They are reported in many places as rear brake cooling, but SRT has posted it as a diff cooling ducting, I asked Ralph and he said it's to cool the diff, that the rear brakes don't see temps needing cooling. Ref: "A performance car’s differential works hard and gets pretty hot – almost hotter than any other part – so we designed an air path for cooling. The ducts also modernise and lengthen the canopy of the vehicle." But then we have a new question, what about diff cooling on the vert, hmmm. Although Ralph did say the design wasn't final, it was in-process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery