So I blew the clutch at 130+

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the last of 4 heats on Track Day, Saturday at No Problem Raceway, the SRT-4 Nationals in Gonzales LA...just outside New Orleans. Pemberton invited me to bring the Viper under pain of being called a Wus, so I'm there. What a great event! I'm pretty pleased with my performance on street tires and tell my buds I plan to take it easy on the last run. Then 'ol # 78 a Corvette, fully race prepped get's on my butt right out of the grid...and I can't stand this of course. :D So as we come out of the long sweeper into the 1900+ foot straight I'm in 2nd and the Viper just pulls away from # 78...great feeling seeing the Vette grow small in the rear view. I'm into 3rd...then 4th for just a few seconds..here comes the turn...heel/toe/blip the gas into 3rd...BANG!!...***..thought I'd missed a shift...trail braking..try 2nd...nothing...I'd lost the clutch. I had driven the car from NW Florida..no trailer...it's Saturday...the sinking feeling begins. But it's the Woodhouse Performance Team to the rescue. Bob, Rick, Nancy, Joel and even that 'ol "mean Bill Pemberton" (ask the hotel clerk :D ) saved the day...Rick towed my car to their Trailer..hoisted it...pulled the clutch...Nancy at the same time is on the cell and orders a UPS overnight replacement clutch. Bob assures me it's an easy fix and was probably ready to blow anyway. They were kind enough to keep my Viper in their trailer overnight. Bob and Bill P blew the doors off the competition the next day, Bob winning his class and Bill winning 2 races! Rick then heads to the car show in town where my Viper waits in their Van. UPS is on time...Viper's repaired...pedal pressure is 1/2 of what it used to be and the gears shift noticably smoother. What a great bunch of folks! Talk about service after the sale! Thanks to all you guys.

See you at the Formula Mazda event in May.

Paul :usa:

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was wondering what happened to your car. When you did that, I was behind you and the corvette. I was driving the solid silver GTS.

Glad you could make it...think of it this way, you got your clutch replaced by someone who knows what they are doing!!!

Chip

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chip,

What a great weekend! There was only 10,000 miles on the clock. Seemed to be no reason for it to go...I don't ride it..ever. I'm amazed how easy the pedal pressure is now and the shifting is remarkably smoother. I may AutoX this weekend and we'll see if it runs smooth under some stress. Eric and the whole Woodhouse gang were just great...they have been since I met them back when I bought the Viper. Without those guys coming to the rescue I'd still be in Gonzales. Now I just need to find the bucks to get a great trailer like Mike Martin had..and of course Pembo is ready to sell me a truck that'll pull it. :D

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful. It is probable that Pemberton had a SRT-4 clutch put in to handicap you as his competition. That is why the pedal pressure is so low.

On a more serious note, the friendship and help we recieve from fellow Viper owners is unique in the world of competitive motorsports.

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Paul

Glad to hear that everything worked out "great" for you! Sounds like you had a lot of good fun! You got to hand it to The Woodhouse Crew. They are "Simply The Best" One of these days I am going to meet that famous Bill P. HMMMM, Tators BBQ comes to mind...HINT!!! Bill are you listening?

It is people like Bob, Bill, Nancy, Rick, Joel, etc that Stand Above all Viper Dealers and Tuners!

Congrats To ALL!!!

Best, Dave :usa:

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul we still need to get together and go riding I am up in Marianna. I was down your way last weekend at the 311 rest/bar. :D
Chad

OP
OP
M

Mr U-2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was just a great weekend. Hats off to Greg Ledet who organized it and Bill P who was the "Emcee" Instructor...and you guys are all correct, the Viper community is very special. I had several folks come up and offer mechanical help, transportation and so on...terriffic experience.

For Chad: Drop me a line and let me know when you'll be down this way. You might check out the Gulf Coast Region (12) of the SCCA...good folks and they run a monthly (or more often) AutoX at Bronson Field in Pensacola.

Thanks everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te