So I bought a Bra....

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Bra for my Gen I... thinking I could slap the thing on there for long trip down to the beach, then take it off and toss it in the trunk.

Well I opened the box and pulled out the instructions and good god. This thing looks like its going to take me 3 days to install it and the instructions are very poor.

Does anyone else use a bra? how long does it take you to put it on? I cannot find any instructions online to do so either.

You have to take out every bolt on the fender ????? and then place the bra up and put all the bolts back in.

is there an easier ghetto way of doing this? its only going to be on the car for 3 hours

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeh once you replace the bolts with snaps, it will take you all of 5 min to put in on:)

I have one, I never use it-I just repaint. I just don't like the look

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll get more scratches from washing and waxing then running with the bra on. Also helps with stone chips unless you just sit in the driveway and look at your car.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran a bra on my first Viper for a trip one year. It rained most of the way down. I would NOT use one again. Once I arrived at my destination I decided to pull it off. Underneath I found gobs of road grime, grit, sand, dirt, etc..I cant imagine this was good for the paint. If I left the bra on and drove around like this after it had dried I can't imagine it would have been good either. These things are on tight, but the slightest movements during a 3+ hour trip would not be good on your paint with the amount of crap that accumulated under my bra.

Plus Vipers really do look stupid with them on.

OP
OP
G

GotAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys but...... i give up.

i tried for an hour to get it on, those snap screws are impossible, after taking me 10 minutes to try and get one on... i said forget it.

also it came with 2 velcro strips you put one under the hood... yeah that didnt stick at all to the fiberglass under the hood so couldnt put on the hood bra part.

BRA FOR SALE never used :) PM me if u want it cheap

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the responses guys but...... i give up.

i tried for an hour to get it on, those snap screws are impossible, after taking me 10 minutes to try and get one on... i said forget it.

also it came with 2 velcro strips you put one under the hood... yeah that didnt stick at all to the fiberglass under the hood so couldnt put on the hood bra part.

BRA FOR SALE never used :) PM me if u want it cheap
That isn't the Mopar bra then-it doesn't have any velcro at all. Which bra did you buy?

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think the bras look too bad. Works great on the highway and when following close behind your friends on a twisty backroad.

I will go ahead and apologize now for the gratuitous pics of my baby. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

The caped crusader is a fighter of evil and a protector of peace.

This pic is just cool.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...Bras work fine. There are three schools here
1. Regular Bra - Great option for long trips (not in the rain) to help prevent rock chips and such. I have never recieved a rock chip through the bra...just doesn't seem to happen. You can remove it, buff out the light scratches (no different than a light swirl mark) and thats it. No line across the hood...not permanant scratches like the clear bra.
2. Clear Bra - not the best idea fo Gen 1's (with no naca ducts and vents). You will see that big line going right accross that great hood. IF you get a rock chip...it is now visible in the clear bra, so what do you do know, replace the clear bra everytime you get a chip in it? Did i mention the line across the hood?
3. Re-paint - the best option, although not very feasible for the budget Viper owner. Just make sure that over time of owning the car that you keep the rest of the car looking nice to keep up with your freshly painted hood and fascia.

There is the quick and dirty...hope it helps. Oh, and the bra should only take around 30 minutes of setup time the first time...then 5 minutes each time after that. Also, driving styles can help prevent damage to your paint, but that is a whole other topic.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here regarding the repainting. Once a Gen 1 or 2 fascia has been painted 3 times, it is useless. You need to REPLACE it. There are seriously negatives to all 3 options mentioned, so there really is not a right choice here, personally i have not seen a Bra that i think looks good, but that is personally preference. I would rather take chances with rock chips. I just had a GEN2 fascia installed about 1 year ago and it already has some rock chips in it, very dissapointing, but it is what it is!

rpm9000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my case I think the bra on my car doesn't look too bad. Black car and black bra. I only use it for long trips. Sure keeps bugs and rock chips away.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just to chime in, I've got the factory style bra. I use it on longer trips, not around town. I don't mind the way it looks, it's easy to install and remove, and if you clean it (vacuum) it won't mark your paint up.

SuperSaiks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best thing to do is leave your car alone. Try not to drive on dirty/gravel roads, and stay back from other cars when driving to avoid stone chips.

The bras just collect debry and dirt, sand particles and rubs, scratches the paint on a car. Also those clear bras are not so clear, they yellow up, crack and scratch up etc and look really bad at least on everyone I have seen thus far.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the bras look too bad. Works great on the highway and when following close behind your friends on a twisty backroad.

I will go ahead and apologize now for the gratuitous pics of my baby. :)

Love the car (of course), but the bra makes the Viper look like a kissing bandit... the black part looks like a mask and the bottom like globbed-on lipstick! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4