So I had this girl, with a great set of suspension...

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am wondering if I should replace my 03 stock shocks with 08's. I know that aftermarket shocks would be a drastic improvement over the stock, but I am not prepared finacially to invest 2 to 4 thousand to rectify my problem (ok, my wife wont let me...there I said it and I dont care...hope she didnt hear me..lol). Those of you owning a gen 3 are very aware that the stock suspension on this model is nothing short of terrible. I am wondering if the gen 4 suspension is an improvement over the gen 3, and is it worth a $400 investment.

Your comments are, as always, very much appreciated.

Sorry about the tittle but my experience tells me the biggest net catches the most fish...:2tu:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be better off upgrading your tires, rather than the shocks. Your shocks were set up for the stiffer sidewalls of the run flats.

The Gen V shocks are calibrated with the newer Pilot Sports 2 tires. The suspension is slightly different so the whole thing works best together. Just changing out shocks will not give you the ride and handling of a Gen IV.

Better shocks for you would be KW Variant II, Penske, or the fantastic (and expen$ive) Moton club sports.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might be better off upgrading your tires, rather than the shocks. Your shocks were set up for the stiffer sidewalls of the run flats.

The Gen V shocks are calibrated with the newer Pilot Sports 2 tires. The suspension is slightly different so the whole thing works best together. Just changing out shocks will not give you the ride and handling of a Gen IV.

Better shocks for you would be KW Variant II, Penske, or the fantastic (and expen$ive) Moton club sports.

I see. The rubber is no longer original, and has been replaced with Pilots. Thank you for the info....perhaps i should take the plunge then. lol

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know 08 shocks vs. coilovers is a huge price difference, but if you can justify it, they are worth every penny. I still can't get over how well my car rides on the KW V2's, especially considering how slammed it is :)

Call PartsRack for the best price around:2tu:

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know 08 shocks vs. coilovers is a huge price difference, but if you can justify it, they are worth every penny. I still can't get over how well my car rides on the KW V2's, especially considering how slammed it is :)

Call PartsRack for the best price around:2tu:

Thanks AbsolutHank. Great food for thought...the ability to slam with the KW V2's, nice feature.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also good to be able to raise your car back up again if you need to.

I put on some larger tires, and was able to raise the car up just enough to make them fit.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I am wondering if I should replace my 03 stock shocks with 08's. I know that aftermarket shocks would be a drastic improvement over the stock, but I am not prepared finacially to invest 2 to 4 thousand to rectify my problem (ok, my wife wont let me...there I said it and I dont care...hope she didnt hear me..lol). Those of you owning a gen 3 are very aware that the stock suspension on this model is nothing short of terrible. I am wondering if the gen 4 suspension is an improvement over the gen 3, and is it worth a $400 investment.

Your comments are, as always, very much appreciated.

Sorry about the tittle but my experience tells me the biggest net catches the most fish...:2tu:

You might want some in person advice, I'm sure there are members in the region who've done this type of mod.
You should join us for an upcoming event, there are a few with a couple in AB, AB/BC border region coming up soon.

OP
OP

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might want some in person advice, I'm sure there are members in the region who've done this type of mod.
You should join us for an upcoming event, there are a few with a couple in AB, AB/BC border region coming up soon.

I would like that very much. Sounds like alot of fun. Where and when?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456