So Long Viper...for now.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the GTR, I was thinking of adding the car to the stable, but I couldn't justify the looks in the very end with the price. The inside is cool, and it's a pretty quick car. I wouldn't say it's as fun as the viper in speed, but Tech wise, it's got it all! Congrats and enjoy!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. I was not a huge fan of the GTR till I saw one in person. It is not as exotic as a Viper but looks a lot better than in the pictures. What people have not realized is that they have not driven one to see what it can do. It is one amazing car performance wise!

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you man! :2tu:

I'm not on the same bandwagon as some... "I'm not your friend because of the car you drive"

The GT-R, from what I've read/seen, sounds like an awesome fun car. The Viper will be here when you come back.

:nono: BIG THUMBS DOWN to all the haters. Believe it or not, as amazing as the Viper is, it is not a panacea car :rolleyes: . There are others out there that are MUCH more enjoyable in different ways. Don't be so shallow minded: you might end up with a mullet hair cut, cut off sleeve shirt, and residing in a trailer park in the South (NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT);).

Jeez, and this is the Grown Up Viper forum? :crazy2:

SrtBrad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTR is a trend that the snake will eat for breakfast on raceday. Seriously good luck on your new ride, maybe you'll be happy with it. :nono: But I for one would not even dare to consider that.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I'm not on the same bandwagon as some... "I'm not your friend because of the car you drive"

The GT-R, from what I've read/seen, sounds like an awesome fun car. The Viper will be here when you come back.

:nono: BIG THUMBS DOWN to all the haters. Believe it or not, as amazing as the Viper is, it is not a panacea car :rolleyes: . There are others out there that are MUCH more enjoyable in different ways. Don't be so shallow minded: you might end up with a mullet hair cut, cut off sleeve shirt, and residing in a trailer park in the South (NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT);).

:2tu: I understand the passion Viper owners have with their cars, and rightly so. Viper owners have alot of pride, and to be a part of that group makes me feel proud. Again, if I had the money to simply add the GT-R to my stable without giving up the Viper, I would have done it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I dont. I guess I'm just alittle more open minded when it comes to cars.

Bat™

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know me then. Hey, if I had the $$ to have a Viper, and GT-R I would do it. Unfortunately, I dont have the $$ to own both. This really is the only way I can do it. I've heard so much about the GT-R I had to not just test drive it, but own one for a while. If I like it, heck, I'm keeping it, if the Viper was a better choice for me, then I'll sell it and get myself into an 08 or 09, I've done it before. In fact, after I sold my VOI9, I came close to getting an 08, but something told me I had to experience the GT-R.

Bat™
That is why you should NEVER listen to alcohol!!!:dunno:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, actually, not true at all. I get alot of attention from people on the road. My coworkers were telling me people have been coming up to my car in the parking lot and taking pictures. I'm about ready to get a car cover :D.

Bat™
Keep in mind there were shocked you sold your Viper for rice so in complete shock they needed picture proof to show there friends!:omg:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my beloved VOI9 is on its way to Sweden. As much as I loved it, I'm at a point where I want to try something new. I aquired a 2009 Nissan GT-R last Thursday. So far I'm really liking it, alot of techno gadgetry which I'm not used to yet. We'll see how things go for a year with the GT-R, who knows, I may be back in an 09 Viper next year ;).

Pics of my GT-R soon.

Bat™
Well done and congrats. An awesome quick car and I bet you wont get a check engine light in the first 2000 miles!!!!!! No computer flash problems with Nissan.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wish more car enthusiasts were like you. :2tu:

Bat-best of luck in owning the GTR. I would say that even though the Viper is a balls out kick butt car...most of us really want a fast comfortable reliable well engineered car. I think that the GTR would be that vehicle for most of the driving that the average person will do. If they could build a car that had the quality and engineering of an import but the engine of a american muscle car...I would be all over it.

Have fun and speed safe. :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: I understand the passion Viper owners have with their cars, and rightly so. Viper owners have alot of pride, and to be a part of that group makes me feel proud. Again, if I had the money to simply add the GT-R to my stable without giving up the Viper, I would have done it in a heartbeat, but unfortunately I dont. I guess I'm just alittle more open minded when it comes to cars.
Bat™

Hey, Bat, you can see what vehicles WE have!~! So, we're open-minded as you are. (As you probably can 'surmise', I get flak about the paddle-shifting Corvette, but boy is that FASSSSST, NO, it does NOT compare to a Viper, and I'd never compare it TO a Viper...but I still love it!)
In fact, Mike was inquiring about the GT-R himself a few months ago. We like ALL cars...we're NOT limited to the VIPER (as you can see in the sig)...I say you're BRAVE to tell us all on the Viper forum what you are doing...and I'm sure you knew what to expect after you did that, lol~!!! Whatever you do, ENJOY!!!! You deserve it! :drive:
~~juli

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh puh-lease. This is the Viper forum on a Viper board. Other makes and models are bound to get a little harmless razzin'. Quit being so sensitive.

BB, Congrats and enjoy your cute little electronic nannie ricer thingy there.

There, I'm being nice. Better?

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:wrong::wrong::deadplace::bed:Thats why you are an enthusist. We are OWNERS and DRIVERS of our favorite Toy and that is VIPERS. You probly need to hang out on someone elses web site so you can fit in better with Toyota, Nissan and Mazda,etc owners. For the price of that GTR a person can get a yr or two old Viper or a Gen 2 and have change left and still a GT-R will not be in its class. If we want one we would buy one and get off the VIPER Forum and go on one with people who care and appreciate your negative comparisons as to why a different car is better way to go, with cup holders, cruise, front wheel drive, back seats,comfort, etc that you are more interested in. I don't think you are VIPER material and as excited and proud of our VIPERS as we are. Its time to say bye bye.....Instead of some Batweiser, I drink Snake Oil.....

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You might think you get allot of attention, but that's just from the xbox crowd. Now school is in you won't have them stopping by at work to take pictures with their cell phones......just busting your stones bat. Congratulations, I'm sure your loving it. When the price comes down to sticker or better, I will look into it as a daily driver and keep the 06. I think the gtr would make a better daily driver rather than weekend exotic cruiser because it looks so far from exotic.........kind of like the way a corvette is perceived by the general public. Have a blast with it!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:wrong::wrong::deadplace::bed:Thats why you are an enthusist. We are OWNERS and DRIVERS of our favorite Toy and that is VIPERS. You probly need to hang out on someone elses web site so you can fit in better with Toyota, Nissan and Mazda,etc owners. For the price of that GTR a person can get a yr or two old Viper or a Gen 2 and have change left and still a GT-R will not be in its class. If we want one we would buy one and get off the VIPER Forum and go on one with people who care and appreciate your negative comparisons as to why a different car is better way to go, with cup holders, cruise, front wheel drive, back seats,comfort, etc that you are more interested in. I don't think you are VIPER material and as excited and proud of our VIPERS as we are. Its time to say bye bye.....Instead of some Batweiser, I drink Snake Oil.....

You cant be serious:rolaugh: Never understood hating because of someones car of choice regardless of what forum you are on. What you wrote says more about you, if you are serious, than Bats choice in cars. How about letting the man live and drive what HE wants. Dont be an extremist. No need to go Jihad on anyone that steps out of the Viper world to experience something new. Cliche time: "Variety is the spice of life":D

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat, In less than 4 years you have gone from a 350z to a black Viper GTS, to a black Viper Coupe, to the blue/white Coupe, and now to a GT-R. Just curious but do you lease your cars for a year at a time or buy them and trade in? I respect that it's your business what you do but it appears to me you are getting killed on depreciation if you are not leasing.

It seems you are having a wild time getting a new car every year, mod it, and then move on and I hope you like the GT-R for the next year. :drive:

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I personally have a BMW M6 and love the sophistication of the car. I call my Viper and BMW, yin and yang or black and white. They are that different. Both fast, both ****, but totally different. I think the GT-R is similar to the M6 in a lot of ways, except its faster and smaller than the M6.

I agree, the GTR in many ways is more of a Japanese (faster) M6 than a Japanese 997tt (which its always compared to).

Bat, now with all this hell your catching, imagine if you would have replaced your VOI with a Lexus IS-F!!!

The GTR is pretty much the "anti-Viper", with its 2+2 seating, computer controlled EVERTHING and 4WD so of course your gonna catch a little heat in Viper land.

Personally, I'm a car guy at heart and I understand the need to sample different flavors! Like you said, if we all had the means, we'd have about 10cars a piece, but until that time we have to sample 1by1 or sometimes 2by2.

Enjoy the GTR bro, I'm sure you will have some fun with it. Different than Viper fun, but fun nonetheless!

-Derrick

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey, Bat, you can see what vehicles WE have!~! So, we're open-minded as you are. (As you probably can 'surmise', I get flak about the paddle-shifting Corvette, but boy is that FASSSSST, NO, it does NOT compare to a Viper, and I'd never compare it TO a Viper...but I still love it!)
In fact, Mike was inquiring about the GT-R himself a few months ago. We like ALL cars...we're NOT limited to the VIPER (as you can see in the sig)...I say you're BRAVE to tell us all on the Viper forum what you are doing...and I'm sure you knew what to expect after you did that, lol~!!! Whatever you do, ENJOY!!!! You deserve it! :drive:
~~juli

I knew I'd get alot of flak from people on the forum about my decision to get the GTR, and thats fine. You guys know me. Remember when I got the Blue 06 Coupe, and I posted the idea of getting gunmetal strip[es and doing the wheels in gunmetal? heck, I got alot of heat from alot of people on the forum for even thinking about doing that. After all that was said and done, alot of people had a change of heart after seeing what my vision of my Blue Coupe should look like. Regardless, you gotta please yourself by making the car your own:2tu:.

Bat™

You must be registered for see images attach

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I'd get alot of flak from people on the forum about my decision to get the GTR, and thats fine. You guys know me. Remember when I got the Blue 06 Coupe, and I posted the idea of getting gunmetal strip[es and doing the wheels in gunmetal? heck, I got alot of heat from alot of people on the forum for even thinking about doing that. After all that was said and done, alot of people had a change of heart after seeing what my vision of my Blue Coupe should look like. Regardless, you gotta please yourself by making the car your own:2tu:.

Bat™

Awesome job on the blue viper. Enjoy the GTR as well, I suspect prune juice is just around the corner..:lmao: J/K had to say it..