So Long Viper...for now.

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, my beloved VOI9 is on its way to Sweden. As much as I loved it, I'm at a point where I want to try something new. I aquired a 2009 Nissan GT-R last Thursday. So far I'm really liking it, alot of techno gadgetry which I'm not used to yet. We'll see how things go for a year with the GT-R, who knows, I may be back in an 09 Viper next year ;).

Pics of my GT-R soon.

Bat™

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good god, I've seen some bad decisions in my past but this one ranks right up there with Robert Kennedy's choice to exit through the kitchen after the California primary speech in '68.............. and I can't forget the foul choice that so many people made to elect G.W. Bush not once, but twice. This one ranks right up there. BlueBat, your Viper looked awesome, especially with the '08 hood and you deserve credit for having the balls to announce such a questionable decision here.

imagine32000

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Blue, tough decision for sure! The GT-R is a beast. I'd probably be less upset about it if your car had been Blue/Silver as opposed to your White/Blue - smokin' hot. Good luck with it. Can't wait for the pics.

- Matt

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unbelievable how often you change cars! Well, I'm sure in short time you will realize your mistake and be back in a viper. :D

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good god, I've seen some bad decisions in my past but this one ranks right up there with Robert Kennedy's choice to exit through the kitchen after the California primary speech in '68.............. and I can't forget the foul choice that so many people made to elect G.W. Bush not once, but twice. This one ranks right up there. BlueBat, your Viper looked awesome, especially with the '08 hood and you deserve credit for having the balls to announce such a questionable decision here.

And hopefully we won't make anymore foul decisions by electing someone with only 143 days of experience in the Senate.:lmao:

Ron

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I gave serious thought to the GT-R. Lots of technology, I love paddles and a good deal even well over sticker. Am I the only one that thinks the car is the strangest looking thing in the automotive world. My wife said it looks like the car version of the Aztec.

Shockingly, this is another car headed out of the country. The unintended consequence of a weak dollar. Both of my most recent cars left the domestic U.S. in favor of new owners.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gave serious thought to the GT-R. Lots of technology, I love paddles and a good deal even well over sticker. Am I the only one that thinks the car is the strangest looking thing in the automotive world. My wife said it looks like the car version of the Aztec.

I agree, sorry Bat but the GT-R is one seriously homely car. It may perform great but I can't spend that kind of money on a car that looks like that. Just my opinion. I hope you enjoy it though.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There isn't any other car like the Viper so if you're tired of it then by all means move to something else...anything else. Enjoy your Nissan. Come back and let us know how you like it.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OH, BAT...I had no idea you sold your GORGEOUS VOI!!!!!! DRAT~!!! Hope the new owner in Sweden enjoys YOUR car. I was sold on the Corvette's paddle-shifters, that's why I got that for myself. Let us know your impressions of the GT-R...and let's HOPE that you DO get back into a VIPER...a VIPER is just YOU, BAT!!!! ~juli

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes::devteeth:I sold my 2006 RSI TWIN TURBO SRT 10 coupe, red w/white stripes to a guy in Denmark. He also has a 2004 Black Mamba, supercharged, He races it over there and couldn't wait to get my Twin Turbo over there. I will always keep a VIPER in my garage. I now have a stock 2008 and love it. Its ashame when you step down to only 600 h.p. huh? Snake bit with less Venom......

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Nissan is an awsome car and loaded with high tech gadgets.....
I'm sure you will love it...Never seen a bad word against it in the reviews...Its the kind of car you can jump in and abuse and not have to worry about it....

Last edited:

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the few who support your decision. I think the GT-R is bad ass. The numbers are rock solid and it looks different than most civilized cars. Its a car that can be driven hard at a track and produce great results while also a car that can be driven to a nice evening out with the misses. Not too far from what a Viper can do, but definitely more civilized.

I say, enjoy it and please let us know how it compares with the Viper by doing a comparison test for us.

I personally have a BMW M6 and love the sophistication of the car. I call my Viper and BMW, yin and yang or black and white. They are that different. Both fast, both ****, but totally different. I think the GT-R is similar to the M6 in a lot of ways, except its faster and smaller than the M6.

2snakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150 Less horsepower 500 pounds heavier Good choice on the Datsun

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well congrats on your nissan,but im sure you will be in a 08 -09 viper really soon.im not sure if you did an upgrade or downgrade.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I am one of the few who support your decision. I think the GT-R is bad ass. The numbers are rock solid and it looks different than most civilized cars. Its a car that can be driven hard at a track and produce great results while also a car that can be driven to a nice evening out with the misses. Not too far from what a Viper can do, but definitely more civilized.

I say, enjoy it and please let us know how it compares with the Viper by doing a comparison test for us.

I personally have a BMW M6 and love the sophistication of the car. I call my Viper and BMW, yin and yang or black and white. They are that different. Both fast, both ****, but totally different. I think the GT-R is similar to the M6 in a lot of ways, except its faster and smaller than the M6.

+1 I think the GTR is about the same size as your M6.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Alex --

For goodness sakes, stop burying your feelings and open up; tell us what you really think.:)

On a serious note, Bat, congrats on the new car. I was seriously thinking about getting a GTR as a daily driver to replace my M5 but the lack of a traditional H-gated manual transmission is leading me to hold off, at least for now. Enjoy it and please report back here on the driving differences and other contrasts between the Viper and the GTR.

/Rich

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not been here long but your Viper is one of the nicest I have seen. Hope you enjoy the new car and get another Viper soon.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the bright side.
No more worries about unwanted attention or standing out in the crowd. ;)

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, my beloved VOI9 is on its way to Sweden. As much as I loved it, I'm at a point where I want to try something new. I aquired a 2009 Nissan GT-R last Thursday. So far I'm really liking it, alot of techno gadgetry which I'm not used to yet. We'll see how things go for a year with the GT-R, who knows, I may be back in an 09 Viper next year ;).

Pics of my GT-R soon.

Bat™

You peddled a Viper and 'replaced' it with a Nissan... YOU DID WHAT???:omg:
X-Bat Click Here:crazy2:

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought I would like the GT-R, but when I saw it in person was disppointed by how un-exotic it looks. The GT-R I saw was modified, sounded great and seemed pretty fast, but definitely not anywhere near the league of a Viper.

You must be registered for see images

Link to More Photos

You must be registered for see images attach

I've admired the mods you've made to your cars for awhile, but there's no way a modded GT-R will come anywhere close to the Vipers you've had...

I'm sure we'll see you back here in '09

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Bat. While I dont think the GTR can compare in looks to your out going Viper I totally understand the need to experience the new kid on the block. You have the means to get back into a snake later if you choose, so why not experience the GTR. You've always been an open minded carguy ever since my350z days. Cant wait for your impression on how they both compare performancewise.

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats Bat. While I dont think the GTR can compare in looks to your out going Viper I totally understand the need to experience the new kid on the block. You have the means to get back into a snake later if you choose, so why not experience the GTR. You've always been an open minded carguy ever since my350z days. Cant wait for your impression on how they both compare performancewise.

You know me then. Hey, if I had the $$ to have a Viper, and GT-R I would do it. Unfortunately, I dont have the $$ to own both. This really is the only way I can do it. I've heard so much about the GT-R I had to not just test drive it, but own one for a while. If I like it, heck, I'm keeping it, if the Viper was a better choice for me, then I'll sell it and get myself into an 08 or 09, I've done it before. In fact, after I sold my VOI9, I came close to getting an 08, but something told me I had to experience the GT-R.

Bat™

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look at the bright side.
No more worries about unwanted attention or standing out in the crowd. ;)

lol, actually, not true at all. I get alot of attention from people on the road. My coworkers were telling me people have been coming up to my car in the parking lot and taking pictures. I'm about ready to get a car cover :D.

Bat™