So when's the SVS vs DLM vs Heffner competition??

TomMiriViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: So when\'s the SVS vs DLM vs Heffner competition??

ME and Gary was still in the finals and I believe a NOS car in THe mod 2 class. Gary's car and mine was set to go in the next round but rained out. Bummer. We were both running good 10.6 -10.7.

All I have to say is Dec 7th will be a bigger shoot-out than many imagine!!! don't want to miss this one.

RSI has some new Supercharged systems that will be competing as well.

Maybe we should have a blower car shoot-out class. what do you think. Need at least 10 blower car entries.
Dr. Roof,
The question was VOI two years ago at the invitational, not V10 nat's.

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes this is what I mean the VOI in Nashville right? if so the above statement is correct.

Gary wasn't able to attend the V-10 Nationals due to family obligations but I am sure they will be in Texas.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ME and Gary was still in the finals and I believe a NOS car in THe mod 2 class. Gary's car and mine was set to go in the next round but rained out. Bummer. We were both running good 10.6 -10.7.

All I have to say is Dec 7th will be a bigger shoot-out than many imagine!!! don't want to miss this one.

RSI has some new Supercharged systems that will be competing as well.

Maybe we should have a blower car shoot-out class. what do you think. Need at least 10 blower car entries.
Dr. Roof,
The question was VOI two years ago at the invitational, not V10 nat's.

Dr.Roof was correct@ VOI... rain permaturly ended VOI.

The V- 10 Nationals they were no Heffner cars there... I could be wrong.

The facts of the fastest 2 S/C Vipers there at V-10 Nationals where:

Dr. Roof , he ran a 10.2 and myself(Cudaman) ran a 10.3.

Although the results of Mod 2 were: Tom Welch got 1 st place, Tony Armour got second place and Cudaman got 3rd place.

Cudaman :usa:

ronviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you imagine how RSI AND BTR are laughing at the supercharged guys. You knock yourselfs all the time while the NOS guys keep winning all events. I suggest you get your acts together and be competitive with all vipers NOS AND TURBOS before laying down all this smack crap.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you imagine how RSI AND BTR are laughing at the supercharged guys. You knock yourselfs all the time while the NOS guys keep winning all events. I suggest you get your acts together and be competitive with all vipers NOS AND TURBOS before laying down all this smack crap.

Ron, I am planning on attending the Dec. 7 event. I plan on running the dyno, dragstrip AND some highway roll-ons with a certain texas twin turbo tuner. We will see if Gerald, max, and Chuck will keep running their mouths or if they will spring for the gas money necessary to make the trip to put up or shut up!

I may not be the best drag racer, but win lose or draw, I will make a statement with my car and my driving. I am sure I will have something for everybody on the highway! ;) :headbang:

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ron, I am planning on attending the Dec. 7 event. I plan on running the dyno, dragstrip AND some highway roll-ons with a certain texas twin turbo tuner. We will see if Gerald, max, and Chuck will keep running their mouths or if they will spring for the gas money necessary to make the trip to put up or shut up!

I may not be the best drag racer, but win lose or draw, I will make a statement with my car and my driving. I am sure I will have something for everybody on the highway! ;) :headbang:

Paolo,

Glad to see you are stepping up to make the trip to the Texas Drags in San Antonio on December 7th. That make at least two Heffner cars.

I think this event is shaping up to be an epic for smack talking, late night activities and laying down some serious numbers at the track. :headbang:

Who else is going to step up to the plate??

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know some of the Heffner guys and some of the DLM guys. I have also talked to both tuners and here is my take. Out of all of the cars on the board one of the ones I'm most impressed with is Gerald's. To go that many supercharged miles with no problems says a lot. And his car is what I tell non-viper people about sometimes.

But on the other side of the fence I think Heffner has done some serious catching up. Like everyone says, DLM has been doing this for a while now and for Jason to show up this late in the game and be competitive says a lot for that camp as well.

Here are a couple of issues I think of when this stuff gets started. (and please dont jump down my throat just because I raise a few questions) Three years ago when I met Scott P at the NOPI nationals I watched him put down 850rwhp in 100 degree weather. Since then I have heard about all of these new stages and secret improvements that would light the viper community on fire and so on from DLM but it doesnt seem like there has been much progress. Scott told me on boost alone he put down high 700's at the wheel. Well in three years with all of the advances and improvements there has only been like a 100rwhp increase. I guess I just don't understand that.
Add to that a couple of absolute horror stories about turn around time over at DLM and it gives me a little bit of a nudge toward the heffner side.

Now on the other hand three years ago Heffner was somewhere around 600rwhp and has got it up into the high 800rwhp range. Also this talk of a turbo kit is very exciting to me at least. I guess my point is there seems to be a steady push forward to bigger and better things in the Heffner camp. At this rate the next couple of years should be very exciting indeed to the viper community.

Once again hope noone takes my comments personally but I figured I would give what I think is an unbiased opinion of the two tuners. Flame suite on.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I know some of the Heffner guys and some of the DLM guys. I have also talked to both tuners and here is my take. Out of all of the cars on the board one of the ones I'm most impressed with is Gerald's. To go that many supercharged miles with no problems says a lot. And his car is what I tell non-viper people about sometimes.

But on the other side of the fence I think Heffner has done some serious catching up. Like everyone says, DLM has been doing this for a while now and for Jason to show up this late in the game and be competitive says a lot for that camp as well.

Here are a couple of issues I think of when this stuff gets started. (and please dont jump down my throat just because I raise a few questions) Three years ago when I met Scott P at the NOPI nationals I watched him put down 850rwhp in 100 degree weather. Since then I have heard about all of these new stages and secret improvements that would light the viper community on fire and so on from DLM but it doesnt seem like there has been much progress. Scott told me on boost alone he put down high 700's at the wheel. Well in three years with all of the advances and improvements there has only been like a 100rwhp increase. I guess I just don't understand that.
Add to that a couple of absolute horror stories about turn around time over at DLM and it gives me a little bit of a nudge toward the heffner side.

Now on the other hand three years ago Heffner was somewhere around 600rwhp and has got it up into the high 800rwhp range. Also this talk of a turbo kit is very exciting to me at least. I guess my point is there seems to be a steady push forward to bigger and better things in the Heffner camp. At this rate the next couple of years should be very exciting indeed to the viper community.

Once again hope noone takes my comments personally but I figured I would give what I think is an unbiased opinion of the two tuners. Flame suite on.
I've said it before and i will say my story again. I've had three DLM cars built for me by Doug Levin. His work is outstanding to say the least.
If you tell Doug to build you some kind of custom piece -- your going to wait! i've never been disappointed. My r/t 10 took a while. NOT my 2 other GTS's.
If you tell Doug to build you a car that is pretty much straight forward he can build them in record time -- that is a fact i know. My srt will be next. You can't say DLM hasn't come a long way. They build engines and products that are first class. Doug focuses on a better product, NOT more horsepower. He's got cars all over the country and is extremely experienced. More hp means more chance to jeopardize reliability and he doesn't want customers to have to work on their cars.

Max

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone is still talkin & talkin.... who's stepping up?!?!

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've said it before and i will say my story again. I've had three DLM cars built for me by Doug Levin. His work is outstanding to say the least.
If you tell Doug to build you some kind of custom piece -- your going to wait! i've never been disappointed. My r/t 10 took a while. NOT my 2 other GTS's.
If you tell Doug to build you a car that is pretty much straight forward he can build them in record time -- that is a fact i know. My srt will be next. You can't say DLM hasn't come a long way. They build engines and products that are first class. Doug focuses on a better product, NOT more horsepower. He's got cars all over the country and is extremely experienced. More hp means more chance to jeopardize reliability and he doesn't want customers to have to work on their cars.

Max

That's one way to look at it. And I'm glad you are happy with his work. :2tu:

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks 2FAST4U :laugh: .
i only speak from experience.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man all this smack has gotten me excited, where the hell are my hoes :D Finally some life in this forum, thanx outthere lol :2tu: The first one to get a beat down when my car is done is Gerald, sorry dude, I have to revenge my ass whiping that you handed me when I was up there lol.

bring it on BOY, winner buys drinks at *******, looser buys drinks at ******* too!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone is still talkin & talkin.... who's stepping up?!?!

OutThere, Good point!

Gerald,

Max,

Chuck,

Are you guys coming? You might have missed my earlier challenge to you three....

Well... You still have not answered my questions from the beginning of this post and apparently have selectively filtered my challenge to you three out of your collective subconscious..... :rolleyes:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

Gerald,

Max,

Chuck,

Are you guys coming? You might have missed my earlier challenge to you three....

Well... You still have not answered my questions from the beginning of this post and apparently have selectively filtered my challenge to you three out of your collective subconscious..... :rolleyes:

[/QUOTE]
Paolo, your talking to the hand 'cause the head aint listening.

G

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Paolo, your talking to the hand 'cause the head aint listening.

G"

Sounds like a Punk-Out....

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Roof is going to be there. Joseph Dell from Atlanta may be coming with his DLM car.....who else?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Paolo, your talking to the hand 'cause the head aint listening.

G"

Sounds like a Punk-Out....
How'd you guess? :2tu:

I'd rather soar with the eagles than hang around with turkeys... Uh never mind :laugh:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Weren't some of these tuners at VOI two years ago? Who won the quarter mile races that year for supercharged cars?
I don't remember any Heffner cars there, although I could be wrong. There were many DLM cars there. Very fast ones too :2tu:

I was there. My car was in the Mod II finals when the rain began along with Dr. Roof. Ben Treynor's car was there also in the unlimited class (as I recall).

----------------
2000 Black/Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second Supercharged Viper!

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't have a problem with what you said, Gary. You and I have spoken on the phone before and I think you're a level-headed person. I would like to point out that Jason is not new to the S/C world. He built an s/c Viper for Jamie Furman about 4 years ago that went 10.51 ET in the 1/4 mile. That's a time that is still very competitive by today's standards, back then it was unheard of. A lot of this history is not well known. I just thought I would mention it.

----------------
2000 Black/Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second Supercharged Viper!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am considering making the trip what is the local airport?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

San Antonio Airport (SAT) is less than 30 miles away from the strip according to Yahoo

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tickets are 300$ from OAK airport in CA. I was thinking of sending a guy to film the event, interviews, ride alongs, etc. Think this event is worthy of a DVD?

how many are attending? Who?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

keprght
we have a film crewed hired for DVD production. they will be at the street tire shoot-out the dyno day and the main event on sunday.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

who all is attending?

SVS?

OP
OP
O

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is the regional VCA org this thing in?

Where are you guys talking about? Balt? Texas? Vegas??

Let's get organized!!

1. List of tuners being represented

2. List of cars

3. Categories of competition

4. Time and Place

Come on VCA.... be good for something or do I need to do everything!!

OutThere for VCA President!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the texas clubs are helping in a big way. Houston is in the process of changing presidents and ALbert is picking up strong. the other Texas regions like Dallas fortworth and Austin are involved with pushing the event.

However this is shaping up real nice.

RSI will be there strong
DLM will be represented
Heffner is coming
J H M S is will have several customer cars there
Elite Motorsports
Macedo Motorsports coming with several customers
House of speed

SVS no indication
TNT No indication

many NOS cars and stock to minor mods attending

Se