So where are all the original people from this site?

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joined in 1998.... flat board then, must have been post-AOL. then we went to .threads as I recall.

Still here; just changing priorities....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......... There are a handful of people that show a slightly earlier join date (me included) as we were helping Jay "test" it out and work out any bugs for a few months.

That said, maybe if I get time I will go back and edit the "join dates" for those in the archives that I can associate with actual names (before we had clever ID's like "Y2K5SRT"). Mind you, this is with the UBB boards which go back to December of 1997. I'll start with Jon B, who first posted on them December 8, 1997 at 11:51 AM - message #28... :D

That was very kind of you, and I appreciate the time it took. Thanks.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still checking in, viperless.
The days with just S/C and Nitrous were fun. Turbo power is too easy.
I do think the dragstrip action should concentrate on faster times with
street tires, as it seems more impressive overall.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here, joined in 07 (maybe 98 whenever I got the 97), posted furiously on the old boards... It tapered off in 00-02, picked up around the arrival of the 03... Tapered off again in 06 until now, that I come here like 10 times a day to get info on the 08.

Same username Chris, and for JonB, this is Greg C.! :)

Silver98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started to lurk on the original Web when I ordered my Viper in November 1997. CAAP had many problems with the Silver color in 1998 and my car was not finished until September 1998. At that time it was impossible to get information from Chrysler Canada on the build status of the Viper.
JonB*~~~~:~ had a special relation with CAAP and was kind enough to keep me (and many others) informed on the build progress.

One of my first post was on 25 August 1998 as SSwiss SSilver SSnake. That's for Y2K5SRT

The disccussions I remember concerned How to apply Zaino or how to remove the proportional brake valve.

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Weren't the original forums off the Car and Driver website or something?
I remember there were two baords back in '97.
It was such a great thing when we got the first Viper club board.
My user name has never change :)
I was off the boards from around 2005 until recently.
The divorce process tends to change your posting schedule...
It's good to be done and back!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont know when he joined, but what happened to CODY? He had 3 Vipers and used to post pretty regularly but for the past few months...nothing. I havent even seen him over on the Alley in a while?

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined right after I got married. I had alot more free time after that, seeing as how I wasn't running the street 24/7 enjoying my youth! :D
Now, I have a 6 yr old Son, and alot less time! :D
I still check in from time to time, but other priorities dominate my time these days.

Nice to see the OLDIES still checking in! :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave