Soft windows

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will get the hang of it. Try putting the front pin in first pushing down slightly and rocking back. The back pin will be put in at the same time as you rock rearward. Hard to explain but hope this helps.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At first, I couldn't get mine to seat properly either. Then a friend showed me the trick(s).

After placing the retainers in the door slots, grab the front part of the outside of the window overhang (fabric) and pull it down firmly. You will not hear a "click". Then, apply a quick backwards pressure with the heel of your hand and the window will be seated. Don't put pressure on the top of the window itself in an attempt to seat it; you may bend the frame.

My advice: Get yourself a set of Vmania windows. They're neater, easier to install, better looking esthetically, allow much greater visibility, and are quieter. Well worth the investment.

Don

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dodgerroger,
CONGRATS on you Viper!!
BURNOUT.gif

All of the technics from "GCHDEALER & Don" are good! You can also put a little grease on the bottoms of the bayonets[retainers] that go into the doors. This will help them click into place![do it a few times!] You'll have to wipe of the grease before you put them back into the storage bag. Hope this has helped?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96