Sold Corvette. . . Bought a Viper!!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to look under the hood b/c I'm not sure if I will be able to close it after I open it!! ha I have read the post on here about closing the hood but I would feel better if I can find someone that has one in the area to show me before I try it. ha I'll just keep it closed for now. . . ha

If you post where you are, there may be a member nearby that could come by to show you how to properly open and close the hood. Sorry about your bad experience with the dealer, but CONGRATS on the car!!

Michael

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer BJ. If something comes up and need some help I'll let you know.

Well, figured what the hell and opened the hood today! I was kind of worried what I was going to find under the hood. Was happy to find a very clean engine bay. So from the looks of it this car has never been in a wreck! I also found all of the service records in the glove box with the original stick invoice! I was happy to see that this car was taken care of. Found that it has new tires, clutch, exhaust, and brakes.

Just closed the hood without a problem! I guess I'm a true Viper owner now! haha

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer BJ. If something comes up and need some help I'll let you know.

Well, figured what the hell and opened the hood today! I was kind of worried what I was going to find under the hood. Was happy to find a very clean engine bay. So from the looks of it this car has never been in a wreck! I also found all of the service records in the glove box with the original stick invoice! I was happy to see that this car was taken care of. Found that it has new tires, clutch, exhaust, and brakes.

Just closed the hood without a problem! I guess I'm a true Viper owner now! haha

All very good news!

One thing I'll throw in about closing the hood..when you give the final push to lock it closed, put your hands just to the rear and outboard of the NACA duct...effectively over where the hinge system mounts to the hood. Closing the hood by pushing down near the front edge can cause the hood to crack over time.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers on the hood!

Forgot to tell you guys, I was cleaning the engine bay and figured I would check to make sure that the power streeting cap was tight. Well it was a half turn away from falling off!! So I made sure I tighten it! If it was not for this forum I would have never thought about checking it! Thanks guys!

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club!
Don't mind what kcobean said about the naca duct as I am sure he is well aware that Gen1's did not have a naca duct.:)
And all of these rumors that red is the fastest is totally false because everybody knows that steel grey is the fastest, hands down!:headbang:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club!
Don't mind what kcobean said about the naca duct as I am sure he is well aware that Gen1's did not have a naca duct.:)
And all of these rumors that red is the fastest is totally false because everybody knows that steel grey is the fastest, hands down!:headbang:

Ooops! Well...where the NACA duct is on the COOL cars..put your hands behind that. :) :lmao::lmao::lmao:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pointers on the hood!

Forgot to tell you guys, I was cleaning the engine bay and figured I would check to make sure that the power streeting cap was tight. Well it was a half turn away from falling off!! So I made sure I tighten it! If it was not for this forum I would have never thought about checking it! Thanks guys!

Welcome! Get yourself one of these Roe Racing Power Steering Vent Tube - 92-02 - Safety - Roe Racing, cheap insurance.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys just wanted to update you all. Like I said I figured out the best way to open and close the hood. When I first got this car I was worried that it had been in some kind of wreck. B/c there was a spot on the hood that looked like a problem area was painted over. So I was worried what condition the engine bay was in. After doing some research I found that it was a common problem with the 1st GENs and that it was not because of a wreck. Once I took a look at the engine bay I could tell that this car was taken care of very well!

Please look over what I said in the first few post about this dealer. If I could edit the post then I would but I can not. I got a wonderful running and looking Viper! Thanks Specialty Cars of Sarasota!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi