Some MPG Videos of Street racers

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This one is of a Porsche driving at high speeds. I don't know if he is really running from the police or not. It's a little long.
http://www.tealnet.com/multimedia/getaway.asf

This one, a kid is bragging about beating a Viper and an RX7. I think the RX7 and Viper are just cruising at normal speeds when this idiot blows by them thinking he won. Bu he's convinced that his lexus which I don't remember being a race car, is faster. I could careless because I've been in the import scene and a lot of the people there inflate their numbers and victories. There are the true enthusist that do talk truth, but for the most part..imports have been all show and mouth.

http://home.austin.rr.com/turbolexus/video/LexusCatchup.mpg

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Lexus one caused quite a storm on this board a few months ago. I think in the end someone knew the Lexus owner and it is some 800 HP heavily modded machine. I think it also was pretty much in agreement that the Viper was decelerating by the time the Lexus started to seriously gain on it. Without a doubt the Lexus caught the RX-7's while they were accelerating and was probably gaining on the Viper too but didn't blow by it like it was standing still, which is the impression from the video. If I recall, the Viper's brake lights even come on which means he has probably been decelerating for a while. You don't typically end your WOT with a shot on the brakes!

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phiebert:
I think it also was pretty much in agreement that the Viper was decelerating by the time the Lexus started to seriously gain on it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think that was the case at all. Go back and look at my original post of the video. Some people were claiming that the Viper wasn't racing. A whole lot more said that he was and pointed out the clues on the video as to why they thought so. Listen closely to the sound as the Lexus approaches the Viper. You can hear the Viper shift and by the sound of it, he was really on it. The Viper didn't touch the brakes until the Lexus was just about next to him.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phiebert:
You don't typically end your WOT with a shot on the brakes!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree here, too. I typically want to get back down to a reasonable speed after doing double the speed limit or better.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THERE is always some HEAVILY modded car that will beat a stock Viper, but then again lets see that Lexas up against a 650 R or against Doug levins Viper....and then we can see which is faster, but stock to stock the Viper wins....hands down....and mod to mod...Viper wins....

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A 750 RWHP car will catch a 420 RWHP car -- it's just physics. The Viper got a good 1.5s lead on the Lexus (reaction time + turbo lag), and the Lexus didn't catch up until about 150 mph. Personally, I think the Lexus owner deserves credit for building such a fast Q-mobile.
For those of you who feel threatened by a Lexus with more HP than your Viper -- Levin, Hennessey, Lingenfelter and others are waiting for your phone call
You must be registered for see images
It's much easier to make a 750 RWHP from 8 liters than it is from 3...

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Lexus definitely ran the Viper down,the Viper did not hit the brakes until the Lexus pulled alongside,now thats what I call a sleeper,I bet that Viper pilot was saying ***!.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang