Some quick videos from Paolo's and SVSi's runs

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Some quick videos from Paolo\'s and SVSi\'s runs

wow sweet vids, both times looks like Paolo gets the jump on SVSi :eek: What are the details on ths Svsi car btw??? How much boost and hp is it running?? Also what's up with the track??? Was it originally designed to be a bob sled track lol :p

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent!! :2tu: :D

For someone who didn't care about drag racing Paolo looks to be getting out of the hole like an experienced racer - that car is going to cut a really good time with some more practise and a slicker trans.

The top end on the SVS car is unreal - there's some serious hp going on in there! Great stuff!

OP
OP
Z

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We asked the owner of the track the same question regarding the downhill look of the track and he insists it's level. He says it only looks like it's going down because the shutdown area is sloped upwards.

It was sweet watching those two cars run!

Saleen-Explorer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn Paulo, your car is a rocket outta the hole. You just hooked and went! Congrats also SVSi, you car has serious power also. :2tu:

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Paolo, do you have some kind of headlight kit or was that the camera doing it? It looked like your lights were flashing various colors.

I don't know much about drag racing, so perhaps somebody can help me out. If Paolo was getting the jump on the SVS car, why was the SVS car nearly a second faster in the end? Is it because of the tranny, tires, different HP and torque levels, etc ?

Good run, guys!

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!
What ever format those videos where in, keep them coming! I got to watch them on my Imac!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Paolo, do you have some kind of headlight kit or was that the camera doing it? It looked like your lights were flashing various colors.

I don't know much about drag racing, so perhaps somebody can help me out. If Paolo was getting the jump on the SVS car, why was the SVS car nearly a second faster in the end? Is it because of the tranny, tires, different HP and torque levels, etc ?

Good run, guys!

Manny, it is just the camera.

Jr, waited a little longer to go. My reaction time was a .740, his was 1.180.

So I left .44 seconds sooner than him. (No wonder I had him by a lot off the line=> I remember thinking I had him by a lot at the beginning but then he just blew by me!)

So that is why he went 1.043 seconds faster than me in absolute terms, but crossed the finish line .603 seconds sooner than me since I left .44 seconds sooner.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good run, guys!

Manny, it is just the camera.

Jr, waited a little longer to go. My reaction time was a .740, his was 1.180.

So I left .44 seconds sooner than him. (No wonder I had him by a lot off the line=> I remember thinking I had him by a lot at the beginning but then he just blew by me!)

So that is why he went 1.043 seconds faster than me in absolute terms, but crossed the finish line .603 seconds sooner than me since I left .44 seconds sooner.

So the SVS car has THAT much more power than your car? Or is it the Turbo that kicks ass over a supercharger?

Manny

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Paolo was that your car that cut a 1.4 60 footer?

If so - wow!!!!

Barry, I wish!

The best 60 footer I did was against Jr. That one was a 1.664. I guess that,s not bad for 37 degrees and 850# rear springs.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VERY respectable for your combo Paolo. What tires were you running?

In drag cars - with high hp - the spring ratings matter less and less as you go to bigger slicks and stiff chassis - but on a street car like yours where the tires are very compromised - the stiff rear springs will hurt your ET a bit... the car certainly rockets once underway tho :2tu:

Have you thought about a beefed up T-56 or the sequential Hollinger 6 speed Viper replacement box?

A guy down here had a mid 9 second Skyline, fitted a 6sp Skyline sequential Hollinger box and went straight into the 8's.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

So the SVS car has THAT much more power than your car? Or is it the Turbo that kicks ass over a supercharger?

Manny

[/QUOTE]

Manny, It is a couple of factors.

1. The car definitely has more power, no doubt about.

2. I believe the powerglide loses very little through the driveline.

3. If they were running 10PSI, they probably were making 900+ RWHP and 1000+ RWTQ==> probably more with 37 degrees.

4. With a powerglide there is only 1 shift instead of 3, I believe the lever is pulled without letting off the gas.

5. The turbos are constantly spooled ie in full boost for the whole run.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

VERY respectable for your combo Paolo. What tires were you running?

In drag cars - with high hp - the spring ratings matter less and less as you go to bigger slicks and stiff chassis - but on a street car like yours where the tires are very compromised - the stiff rear springs will hurt your ET a bit... the car certainly rockets once underway tho :2tu:

Have you thought about a beefed up T-56 or the sequential Hollinger 6 speed Viper replacement box?

A guy down here had a mid 9 second Skyline, fitted a 6sp Skyline sequential Hollinger box and went straight into the 8's.

Torquemonster, I was running the 10" MT ET streets.

I know the Hollinger requires fabrication on the order of the other trans I had in my car. Remember, John Lingenfelter says "stock is best".

Maybe a powerglide interchanged with the T-56(for street driving) would be cheaper when you want to go drag racing and hammer it!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes - that is what the Venom TT does - the glide is swapped out for the 6 speed and run on the street. For $20k per easy swap conversion I believe.

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow, thats pretty impressive, congrats!!!!!!!

chan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4