Some REALLY serious Viper driving (video)

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is a "lookalike GTS"...a Ford..a Jag?...those guys are pu__ies!!!...you don't need a stinkin helmet...just some white socks and a little skill.

this WAS how you drove the fastest car in the world on the best track in the world in the famous RUF Yellowbird video titled "Faszination Nurburgring"
http://www.green-flag.com/pages/Nurburgring.php

enjoy!

mr

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is a "lookalike GTS"...a Ford..a Jag?...those guys are pu__ies!!!...you don't need a stinkin helmet...just some white socks and a little skill.

this WAS how you drove the fastest car in the world on the best track in the world in the famous RUF Yellowbird video titled "Faszination Nurburgring"
http://www.green-flag.com/pages/Nurburgring.php

enjoy!

mr

Zakspeed lookalike. It's a '99 GTS painted like 2002 24 h of Nürburgring GTS-R (Oreca) Viper.

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^ Also, that Viper lap was a rather slow one. You can buy tickets for laps on the track in a Viper, driven by some pro's. First the driver wasn't really on the edge, second, the track was partly closed because of accidents.
This lap was about 9:20-30 mins... Bone Stock GTS's (1997-98) get times of 8:10... Newer GTS's get under 8 mins. Now imagine how that'd look like.

And you HAVE to use a helmet these days.

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Dennis,
Have you ever been on the Ring and if so, how many laps do you need to do before building up some speed?

Sure I've been there. :)

It's hard to say how many laps you need. The track is 21 km long... You need at least 20 laps to know the track 'well'... About 5-10 to not block Mini Coopers on their way... But I know some drivers there, that say, they go to the track for over 20 years now, and still haven't made "the perfect" lap there. Your first laps might be 18 - 20 mins... Even in a Viper... Depends on how good you know the car. The fastest Viper laps are about < 7:40 - 7:50 mins...

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say last summer was a blast did my first few laps of the ring, impossible to remember very hard to read the road but great fun, I think if you time yourself you will crash!!! Last year they were checking the cars for even Video Cameras to stop you timing yourself.

Thanks for the info about the helmets as we want to go this year that was not the case last year, did you know that additional speed restrictions are in force this year to reduce the deaths/accidents. Great Track but takes no prisioners.

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got to say last summer was a blast did my first few laps of the ring, impossible to remember very hard to read the road but great fun, I think if you time yourself you will crash!!! Last year they were checking the cars for even Video Cameras to stop you timing yourself.

Thanks for the info about the helmets as we want to go this year that was not the case last year, did you know that additional speed restrictions are in force this year to reduce the deaths/accidents. Great Track but takes no prisioners.

The "Ring-Taxis" I think 'have' to wear helmets on the course. (So those cars that you can buy tickets for) Don't know about the "normal" visitors, though. Better take one with you... It's safer anyway. Never heard of speed restrictions. They sometimes close the "Caroussel". (That 180° corner)

BUT, they look for cars that are too loud!! A friend is not allowed to go there with his Viper anymore... They measured him at 135 db... :crazy:
And one time there was a blue "Moby-Dick" Porsche who also had to go away, because it was too loud. So leave your mufflers on the car. ;)

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was Graham's first time in a viper, he has been there previously in his Toyota MR2. This N'burg vid is so funny, it would put you off driving the circuit, Marcus posted it a while back

www.8200rpm.com//stuffvids/AF.WMV

Nice video... Seen the white M5??? That's the Ring-Taxi... A blonde girl driving... Sabine Schmitz. She's amazing. She won the 24 hour race 2 times.
Once there was this guy getting in the car and said : "Bah, a blonde driving?! What's this? A joke?"
I think I don't have to tell you what happened... :cool: That must have been the fastest lap for an M5 on the Nürburgring ever... The guy puked over the whole place... :D

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is far from any serious driving, looks like he is going to lunch.

I would love to see someone really try to go fast in a Viper around that track. Something like Ruf does with their videos.

OP
OP
D

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is far from any serious driving, looks like he is going to lunch.

I would love to see someone really try to go fast in a Viper around that track. Something like Ruf does with their videos.

Compared to any other Viper videos I ever saw, this was serious driving. Not as fast as it could be, though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery