Somebody wanted a piece of the Viper tonight and ....

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes guys just rev their engines as a way of saying "hi". One night, my son was driving his Mustang Cobra, and pulled up next to Kobe Bryant when he was in his custom Ferrari. My son revved his engine, just for fun. Kobe smiled, recognized it as an innocent gesture, and knew my son just wanted to hear the Ferrari wail. Kobe revved back, which made my son's day, to hear that sweet Ferrari engine scream. Matt waved at him, Kobe waved back friendly, and traffic moved ahead.

So be cool when someone revs at ya, it doesn't always mean they wanna race, sometimes they are just having fun.

He's lucky Kobe didn't really go for it and **** him...er...race him :shocked:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Different twist...I am getting close to finishing the repair on my GTS...so I just take out the roadrunner. It is orange and does have a Hemi. I cannot get anyone to go. I had finally found a new Cobra and pulled next to him. When he saw me he slowed down and I slowed. After we finally got down to 30mph on a major highway and were getting passed, I just gave up and drove off. This old American muscle gets alot of similar looks and waves, but nobody ever seems to want to play? WHY? Maybe being an old mopar and orange they think it is the GENERAL LEE and are expecting me to jump a bridge?! I am absolutely dying to get the GTS on the road and have some of these encounters!
P.S. the roadrunner isn't the slowest car out there with the 528 with a few upgrades.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary,
ya did the right thing.. was this during the evening/night?

It was at night. A Friday night to be precise. I have had a few cute ladies rev at me and smile. Now that is fun. :2tu:

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was at night. A Friday night to be precise. I have had a few cute ladies rev at me and smile. Now that is fun. :2tu:

[/QUOTE]

NOW you're talking! We had some friends over a few weeks back. Most hadn't seen the Viper and wanted to go out to the garage and have a look. One particular blonde friend of my wife was just gushing over the car. Another guest had just recently bought a Porsche Boxter. She looked at him and said "Tom your Porsche is nice, but this.... Wow!" Was really funny. I kind of felt bad for him but I'm sure he'll get over it.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely entertain offers to race. I am simply afraid of getting a ticket and seeing my insurance rates double. If I do race, it will be on a track.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes guys just rev their engines as a way of saying "hi". One night, my son was driving his Mustang Cobra, and pulled up next to Kobe Bryant when he was in his custom Ferrari. My son revved his engine, just for fun. Kobe smiled, recognized it as an innocent gesture, and knew my son just wanted to hear the Ferrari wail. Kobe revved back, which made my son's day, to hear that sweet Ferrari engine scream. Matt waved at him, Kobe waved back friendly, and traffic moved ahead.

So be cool when someone revs at ya, it doesn't always mean they wanna race, sometimes they are just having fun.

He's lucky Kobe didn't really go for it and **** him...er...race him :shocked:
Boy your a funny guy. :rolleyes:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a story involving road-rage this pass weekend. I'm at an intersection in my Viper turning South this guys drives by going North and mouths "***" while his girlfriend is driving his sorry **** around town in her Civic. I quickly turn lanes and track him down I pull up next time and begin giving him a verbal beating of a life time. I told him to pull over of course his girlfriend wouldn't so I wait for the next stop light. I get out of my Viper and walk back to the car by that time he had the window up and doors locked. His girlfriend was crying he was scared to death. It's safe to say he learned his lesson. People in traffic must have thought I was crazy,little did they know I was just teaching this guy a lesson. This is not the first time this has happened where people have made jealous remarks/actions towards the Viper. He just caught me in a bad mood. I know I should have never done it. I have way too much to lose on this ****-bag. Anyone else have similar acts of jealousy towards the Viper? How do you handle it?

GeneEllis2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the posts on this thread are absolutely scary. If you want to race, go to the track - - a contained environment. Keep up the street racing and you will eventually have an incident and may see some jail time or worse.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONSTANT jealousy. People at my local dragstrip telling me their Civic can beat my times, laughing when I get beat (by cars designed to run an 1/8 mile on drag slicks) and being really disrespectful. Gee, maybe I shouldn't have spent $85K on a Viper cause it's 'slow'. Maybe I should have bought a Civic and put 65K into the engine and BODYWORK? Then what would I have you MORONS!

Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a story involving road-rage this pass weekend. I'm at an intersection in my Viper turning South this guys drives by going North and mouths "***" while his girlfriend is driving his sorry **** around town in her Civic. I quickly turn lanes and track him down I pull up next time and begin giving him a verbal beating of a life time. I told him to pull over of course his girlfriend wouldn't so I wait for the next stop light. I get out of my Viper and walk back to the car by that time he had the window up and doors locked. His girlfriend was crying he was scared to death. It's safe to say he learned his lesson. People in traffic must have thought I was crazy,little did they know I was just teaching this guy a lesson. This is not the first time this has happened where people have made jealous remarks/actions towards the Viper. He just caught me in a bad mood. I know I should have never done it. I have way too much to lose on this ****-bag. Anyone else have similar acts of jealousy towards the Viper? How do you handle it?

The problem is today....you never knows who has a gun!!!
Don't ask me how I know this....
but then again....I am usually the crazy one!!! hahaha

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get out of my Viper and walk back to the car by that time he had the window up and doors locked. His girlfriend was crying he was scared to death. It's safe to say he learned his lesson. People in traffic must have thought I was crazy,little did they know I was just teaching this guy a lesson.

It is easy to lose your cool. Just remember, however, that people get shot approaching cars like that. I know it was not your fault but that punk was not worth the trouble. Just ignore the ignorance and enjoy your car. Who cares what he said about you?

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a very tough issue to deal with, for me anyway. As I've gotten older and wiser and wealthier, I've found myself bitting my tongue more and more and just moving on. Do you have a lot more to lose than a guy being driven around by a chick in a civic? I would guess probably so. Still, sometimes it just happens. I find that 97% of the time they are all talk. If you confront them aggressively, they back down. It's the other 3% you have to watch out for.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Wish,

I wouldn't care if somebody flipped me off. The last thing that I'd ever do is get out of my car and walk towards some ****. Those are exactly the kind of guys likely to eagerly use their gun "in self defense" against road rage "attacker/stalkers". And likely they would not be prosecuted for the shooting. :(

I figure that I simply have much more to lose than gain against some low-life with a bad attitude.

Not nearly so severe, I had a Corvette guy pass me by in the turn lane with a stern look, and gave me my first thumbs down. Surprised, I burst out laughing! :laugh: Which was obviously not was he expected as a reaction.
Most Corvette drivers that I've met smile and wave. :cool:

With ricers I occasionally torment them by taking off from the stoplight short-shifting, and running half-throttle with the car's torque pulling strongly, so that the Viper just quietly leaves them in the dust without even looking like I'm trying at all. ;)

Sometimes I'll get some teens in a crappy car/truck rev me at a light, grinning at the joke. I usually just smile and wave.

Most cars that are actually capable of being as fast as the Viper (Porsche GT2, Murcielago) drive visibly below the speed limit, but usually wave.

Most of the cars that I've had real competition from have been at the dragstrip, where I've won some and lost some. But always had fun! :2tu:

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Wish,

The last thing that I'd ever do is get out of my car and walk towards some ****. Those are exactly the kind of guys likely to eagerly use their gun "in self defense" against road rage "attacker/stalkers". And likely they would not be prosecuted for the shooting. :(

EXACTLY!