Someone with a Gen-4: Quick Favor?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I need a quick favor from someone with a Gen-4.

Can anyone post a few detailed pictures of the heater core and oil cooler hose routing that runs on the inside of the passenger side inner fender, between the fender and the engine? The hoses run from the oil cooler next to the headlight, all the way back to the heater core and coolant reservoir.

Thanks! I don't have a Gen-4 together to reference, and they are different than the Gen-3's.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do that. Just a min.

IMG_7785.JPG

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Boxer! I am primarily looking for the hose rousing, and how/where they are secured. Basically, something is missing on this car I am looking at, and I am trying to figure out what! The most important areas are the "hard-line" areas, around the reservoir.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK, now we are getting somewhere.

Can you check this hose:

attachment.php

That hose, from what I can see, runs from the heater core to the front of the oil cooler, and is only secured in ONE single location, directly below the coolant bottle. However, when it is arranged like this, it flops all over the place and is loose as hell. Can you check that hose on your car, and see if yours is loose as well, how many other places it may be secured, or what is keeping it from moving around... etc?

Attachments

• IMG_7786.JPG
    IMG_7786.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 148

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
On 2010 ACR, that line is teathered at one spot...does
NOT flop around, is not loose...however engine is cold, temp in Snake's room is 60 degrees.

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol i was looking at this thinking i have no idea where the hell my heater core is. good thing some people know what's going on around here

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On 2010 ACR, that line is teathered at one spot...does
NOT flop around, is not loose...however engine is cold, temp in Snake's room is 60 degrees.

Man... I am at a loss here. What in the hell is keeping the line from being able to swivel in that single holder? It has to be tethered in two spots, or it is running underneath/between something else so that it cant pull away from the fender wall...?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, Dan is correct...there IS a second teather on that line...a small, black plastic band.

Enjoyed speaking with you Dan...hope the cell phone photo was adequate.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, there is a plastic multi bracket for the hard lines, this one you show goes in the top spot. The hose it connects to has a plastic band clamp with a little stud that plugs into a hole in the fender well. That is it. It is easy to move a little, but not more than a half inch. Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys- now I just need to track down that damn part- it doesn't come with the lines, and doesn't show up anywhere in the parts program. Figures. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang