Source for Hoosiers

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I must have seen references to Hoosiers a thousand times on the board, but I have failed to make note of where everyone is getting them. Where is the best place to buy these guys and what sizes are you running on factory rims??

Thanks for the help.

john

Reaction score
Try the Tire Rack.
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, I'll try Tire Rack.
Alan, didn't mean to infer that they will be run on the street, it's just that used '97-'98 factory rims at $1500-$1600 are about as cheap a set of track wheels as are available.

cheers,
john

OP
OP
J

John N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alan,

It's only the '96 wheels that are welded, the '97 and '98 wheels are both the stronger forged wheels (although the '98's seem to have a slightly higher polish to them).

The strength of the '96 wheels seems to be one of those hard to verify stories that are around. We have all heard rumors of a couple breaking at the weld, but I have never seen any first-hand reporting of it. Seems like wisdom to avoid them for track use just the same, better to err on the conservative side if at all.

john

Reaction score
The 96 wheels polished and colored are cast. In 97 polished wheels are forged and the colored wheels are cast. I have observed 96 wheels being used with slicks and Hoosiers pushed hard with no failure. The driver re-torqued after each run(open track). Wheels are fine. I think the 96 wheels are okay if they are checked for proper torque. I have not seen a Viper wheel failure.