Speaking Of GTS Gas Caps...

New97owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my '97, the worst part of the lid assembly is the part that snaps over the lip of the cap. It has quite a bit of oxidation, and doesn't look nearly as good as I wish it did. I am thinking of removing it, sanding it down, polishing the assembly, and clearcoating it. Has anyone did this, or is there a better solution?
Mike

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,
I fought with cleaning my cap for some time before replacing it with the blue Sneeky Pete cap from MGW, I believe VENOMNLUE 550, also sells a rechromed cap as well, price includes your old cap....please keep in mind there is a special tool to remove the old cap retainer, you should get it with any new cap, but, if you rechrome yourself let me know and I will send you mine....

Rick

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's far better to chrome your original cap. It's a better aesthetic design. The MGW cap makes me cringe. It is too flat and lacks the external securing mechanism to keep the cap closed (I guess it has some sort of internal spring.) It is also easy to get carried away with logos. Just my opinion.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's far better to chrome your original cap. It's a better aesthetic design. The MGW cap makes me cringe. It is too flat and lacks the external securing mechanism to keep the cap closed (I guess it has some sort of internal spring.) It is also easy to get carried away with logos. Just my opinion.
I disagree. Everybody comments on my MGW gas cap when they see my red GTS, it really adds a nice touch. Everything from MGW is vey high quality (and pricey). The stock caps would look nice chromed as well, but the sneaky Pete on the cap looks very kewl.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I disagree. Everybody comments on my MGW gas cap when they see my red GTS, it really adds a nice touch. Everything from MGW is vey high quality (and pricey). The stock caps would look nice chromed as well, but the sneaky Pete on the cap looks very kewl.

Do you have any pics with it on the car?

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The real deal is to have your cap rechromed by venomblue. He does it for +/-$125 exchanged and it comes back looking friggin new. If you want to put a sneaky pete on it so be it but it's 1/3 the cost of the mgw cap and looks great. My original cap looked like crap and now looks new.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the 1st negative comment I have ever heard about a the MGW gas cap. 999 out of 1000 love it!

If you don't want to spend the dough on the MGW, follow Gerald's advice and have Venomblue take care of it. :2tu:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's 998 out of 1000 now. I don't like the MGW cap either because of the logo. I don't get the need for displaying the logo on every angle of the car. It's recognizable as a Viper.

Imagine if you Polo shirt had a horse on the back and on the sleeves and on the collar and on the ... You get the point?

Subtle is elegant. In your face borders on rice.

The stock setup has 7 logos: front bumper, brake lamp, 4 wheel center caps, and steering wheel. Did I miss any?

The most I'd add would be a logo on the side next to the side decals and a logo on the shifter. Anymore is too much logo.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the flatter face on the MGW cap, to each his own.
You must be registered for see images attach