Special run of Slate SRT-10

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Couldn't find the topic when I searched...so if it's a repost let me know. There is going to be a special run of 20 Slate Verts...all with stripes. In addition, the 5 spoke wheels are going to be powdercoated Slate as well. Someone who saw one this week said it looks great!! Might be some interior stuff as well....

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol, they are doing whatever it takes to push the vipers out the doors, especially the converts. The coupe Slates sold like hot cakes.. so they figured , time to spray a few over stocked converts...

Gotta love dodge..

Love to see the wheels though. Not sure I would want slate wheels on a slate car.. but love to see none the less.

Jon

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, they are doing whatever it takes to push the vipers out the doors, especially the converts. The coupe Slates sold like hot cakes.. so they figured , time to spray a few over stocked converts...

Gotta love dodge..

Love to see the wheels though. Not sure I would want slate wheels on a slate car.. but love to see none the less.

Jon

Yes, I agree...but at least they are willing to take a shot at some stuff. I just found out that there will be a rather unique interior as well.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it will be a HIT. :2tu: POSSIBLY THE BEST COLOR COMBO YET FOR THE VERT.

Do I treasure the thought of ANOTHER LIMITED EDITION ? :rolleyes:

IMHO the real MISTAKE dodge made was 3 years in a row of RED / BLACK / SILVER.
If they had mixed it up a bit I think values would have held better then what
we see now. I have owned 2 SRT VERTS and really enjoyed the cars but before I
purchase another new one, I want something different other then COLOR or ANOTHER
SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a slate SRT/10, but not the limited edition. Not sure I'd care for the painted out wheel, but to each his own.

I do like these speacial edition Vipers. There great to see at a show or on the road knowing there only 50/100/200 of them made by DC.

403009_3-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Here's a slate SRT/10, but not the limited edition. Not sure I'd care for the painted out wheel, but to each his own.

I do like these speacial edition Vipers. There great to see at a show or on the road knowing there only 50/100/200 of them made by DC.

403009_3-med.JPG

2005 Silver SRT/10

OMG...those wheels are just awful! :p

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Interesting theory, but the Plant is supposed to be shut down for tooling this month, and they are at 110% to finish up the VOI9 cars - so it seems unlikely they have time to even attempt this late modification.We have many of our VOI Editions in Final Inspection, but most have to be striped at Pre-Fix. Can't imagine other cars have time to be retrofitted, but will check next week.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting theory, but the Plant is supposed to be shut down for tooling this month, and they are at 110% to finish up the VOI9 cars - so it seems unlikely they have time to even attempt this late modification.We have many of our VOI Editions in Final Inspection, but most have to be striped at Pre-Fix. Can't imagine other cars have time to be retrofitted, but will check next week.

Well...I have been wrong many times, but this source hasn't. He said he actually viewed a car. Let us know what you find out. He is getting old...and doesn't see as well as he used to. :)

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There were enough Slate Verts at one time to do this, and since they are all finished , sending them to Pre-fix ( for paint ) and doing rims would be a possibility, as they would be out of the Plant. With them out of the way, and the Plant getting ready to retool, there could be some merit to an idea like this, but would make sense also that it would be after the White/Blue VOI9 cars are done.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There were enough Slate Verts at one time to do this, and since they are all finished , sending them to Pre-fix ( for paint ) and doing rims would be a possibility, as they would be out of the Plant. With them out of the way, and the Plant getting ready to retool, there could be some merit to an idea like this, but would make sense also that it would be after the White/Blue VOI9 cars are done.

They were at Pre-fix

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A slate SRT with slate rims and stripes in a batch of 20 or so?

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS BADD RIDE!!! :2tu:
Thanks to Hisserman in the MCVO region to get the shot. I can't say this is an offical version as it was made at prefix, the guys who add the stripes.
6594Prefix_18-med.JPG

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not liking the rims, and it has no silver stripes.. so it cant be the official version. Its simply a slate convert with slate/blacked out rims.

I think that photo is obviously just an owners personal car, not a prefix 1 of 20 deal. But just a guess.

Jon

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A slate SRT with slate rims and stripes in a batch of 20 or so?

Not good:-(
Blacked-out wheels always look generic to me, or like a budget car. JMO

2005 Silver SRT/10

YOU MEAN LIKE THIS BADD RIDE!!! :2tu:
Thanks to Hisserman in the MCVO region to get the shot. I can't say this is an offical version as it was made at prefix, the guys who add the stripes.
6594Prefix_18-med.JPG

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had heard about these from someone but was told the number was a lot lower, but it might have boosted in the amount. Originally I was told 8 were going to be made.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the Prefix car that was specially prepared for the Woodward Dream Cruise. It was featured at the Chrysler exhibit on Cruise Saturday. It is not "just someone's personal car". I didn't ask them how many they were going to make. You can see more pics (including the interior) in my Prefix Open House post in the General Forum.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is actually a pic of the new mad max viper which will be featured in the new film comming out, rumor has it that mel will be driving the car drunk in the new movie.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
not liking the rims, and it has no silver stripes.. so it cant be the official version. Its simply a slate convert with slate/blacked out rims.

I think that photo is obviously just an owners personal car, not a prefix 1 of 20 deal. But just a guess.

Jon

Actually...I think that car has black stripes. There is another pic here showing the front...and you can see the stripes...I think.

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=genvipdis&Number=714661&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post723220

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is the Prefix car that was specially prepared for the Woodward Dream Cruise. It was featured at the Chrysler exhibit on Cruise Saturday. It is not "just someone's personal car". I didn't ask them how many they were going to make. You can see more pics (including the interior) in my Prefix Open House post in the General Forum.

The car looks like it has black stripes from one of the side shots. Does it?

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car has black strips that have snakeskin print in it.

the interior has snakeskin seat inserts and the sunvisor are done with snake skin. The rims are black or slate.
The strips look pretty sweet if you ask me.

The strips look "In the paint" not like the strips on the coupes.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's right, it has Prefix's black stripes with the snakeskin print -- very subtle. Too bad I shot those pictures with the sun at the wrong angle!! :p

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds like this will rock, and the numbers will be low. Twenty appears to be the high, but it is more a special custom edition pre-empting what may be a wave of the future. Alot of us would like to see DC do a an ordered Viper tailored exactly to our needs as the customer, knowing it may be a one of a kind or very, very personal.

Prefix Corporation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All,
DaimlerChrysler and Prefix Corporation have indeed partnered together to create The Special Edition SNAKESKIN Viper Roadster.

You must be registered for see images

More information can be found here: http://www.prefix.com and here: http://www.prefix.com/SNAKESKIN/ and any questions can be directed to Ron Batt at the following email address: [email protected]

This truly is the finest interior and exterior package offered for the Viper to date. From the hand airbrushed striping to the luxurious leather trim the uniqueness of this vehicle can both be seen and felt.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prefix does great work from what I hear but just not my cup of tea. I really love the idea of having the option to customize our Vipers but at $100,000 (and that is assuming you get the car for invoice), I think I will pass. I think selling all 20 will be pretty diffucult but that is just my two cents.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey...looks like my "source' was right on!!

Ron...that stuff looks great. I am going to call you about the splitter for my car. John at Roanoke said you could get me one. Thanks, A.J.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang