Speeding Tickets

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how many speeding tickets you have gotten since the Viper and how fast.I just got my first, 120 in a 55 but the cop was cool.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None so far [knock on wood}, did you have any kind of protection/ warning {radar detector ect...} ? :(

OP
OP
G

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He never got me on his radar he said he estimated how fast I was going. I have an awesome radar detector. To be honest I was probably upwards of 140.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not any. You should invest in a radar detector.

I have an ****** SRX radar detector/laser jammer in my Viper. It has saved me more times than I can count.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I have an ****** SRX radar detector/laser jammer in my Viper. It has saved me more times than I can count."

Same here, it works great...But you also need some good luck.

Ronald L. Cypher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got a ticket in Ohio going home from VOI in Dallas.....the guy was not pleasant. I appealed it and got out of the points and paid the fine, fortunately.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GOT VENM- DID he get you on speedo run? or was he behind you awhile?

What did he actually write you for?the whole 120 in a 55 ? and did he mention reckless?? anywhere?

OP
OP
G

GOT VENM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was going the other direction. He never got me on radar I have a ****** SRX. He wrote me for 80 in a 55. Never mentioned reckless anywhere.He liked the car but I guess he had to write it.He told me to plead not guilty and show up at court and he will plead it down to something with no points that was cool.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You dodged a bullet on this one...

Certainly, plead not quilty, it is going to be hard for the officer to prove your actual speed, he will say your speed was in his opinion from his experience on the road.

of course the key is always, agree with the judge with some infraction of law, but, never with reckless, which in most states is 20 mph over posted speed limits..

Iam glad he liked your car, he sounds like he will not go for the throat, hopefully throw it out if you take deffensive driving classes, keep us posted..

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't gotten any yet, but its been more a function of luck than anything else.

Let us know how it turns out. 80 in a 55 without a radar reading, shouldn't be too ******* you, but if you got lots of bucks, maybe you should get a lawyer just to be sure.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW When I mentioned going 85mph over the speed limit in another post, you would've thought I had ***** the corpse of the sacred Mother Teresa, by the way some of the posters were ripping me.

Go figure! Anyway good luck with your ticket

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all lead feet out there you really should read "The speeders guide to avoiding tickets" a must read for speeders! written by a retired hwy trooper. it is quite lite reading and lots of insight. paperback available at most book big stores. i pick it up and read it as a refresher every now and again.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"BTW When I mentioned going 85mph over the speed limit in another post, you would've thought I had ***** the corpse of the sacred Mother Teresa, by the way some of the posters were ripping me."

What you mentioned <font color="red"> "Before the edit" </font> was going 135 mph in a 45 speed zone, with a hangover... <font color="red"> Try telling the whole story sometimes. </font> As for "The posters ripping you" Most said just be careful...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

What you mentioned <font color="red"> "Before the edit" </font> was going 135 mph in a 45 speed zone, with a hangover... <font color="red"> Try telling the whole story sometimes. </font> As for "The posters ripping you" Most said just be careful...

He did not edit his post.....it was done by a MOD. Try reading the "whole story" first. :D :2tu:

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks 1Tony1.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only 2x felon on the forum(LOL).

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony, where did you learn how to read, I never said he edited his post, I said "before the edit". Need glasses, dude ? :headbang:

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One speeding ticket in 8 years and upwards of 75,000 miles in Vipers. Of course, the one speeding ticket I did get, I didn't deserve (road that turns into a highway offramp - he asked me how fast I was going, I said 52, he said the limit was 40 - about two blocks back).

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
True story, a Maryland Transportation Authority police office got me on radar doing 105 in a 50 coming up to the Annapolis Bay Bridge last year. I only had the car a few months, the break-in period was over and I was seeing what she could do in a quick sprint when the officer nailed me.

Two weeks later the officer was later killed when he was hit by some idiot in a pickup truck. He was killed in the very spot where he ticketed me. When I got to court for the speeding ticket the judge told about five of us that the charges were dropped and we were free to go because the officer was killed. Of the five people that got out of the tickets, I was in my Viper, another gentleman was in a Porsche 911, and another was in a Z-06. Do you think the officers was focusing in on sports cars????

I was relieved that the charges were dropped but I hated how I got out of it. I have not gotten a ticket sense then.

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I have not gotten a ticket sense then."

Hope you meant "since." I have a good ticket sense to avoid ticket cents. :)

VENOMUS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Cris, it is since, but at the time I had no sense becouse what I was doing was nonsense making my actions senseless. Got it?? :smirk:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This all seem nonsensical to me :) Oh yeh, the ticket part too. Just another form of taxation.

Bone Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going 85 in 35. I didn't get a tix. The officer was pretty cool. He didn't even chk my driver's license or registration. He like the car and just told me to "take it easy." I couldn't believe it. I must get a radar detector.