Spotted A Copperhead Today - What A ****

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was on the Belt Parkway Southbound Today and a Brand New Copperhead came up from behind. Car was from a dealer in NJ; 973 Area Code. I was driving my RT and my younger brother gave a huge wave and what does the Copperhead driver do? He completely ignores my brother. What a ****! He drove next to me for a few miles and just looked forward the whole time. Would not have been a big deal but he looked directly at my brother and then just looked the other way. IDIOTS LIKE THIS GIVE VIPER OWNERS A BAD NAME!

D.K.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sux. The spirit of camaraderie is lost in that loser. Some people today just go through life dancing in their own Ballrooms. Pathetic...... :usa:

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor guy is probably just getting a feel for his car...the power was scareing the crap out of him so he was too afraid to take both hands off the wheel.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man,I hate it when that happens!Obviously a noob who hasn't a clue what the Viper Nation is all about!I hate to think we're getting snobs in our midst-that goes totally against the grain of what all the Viper drivers I know are all about!

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's pretty sad.

I wave to all serious sports cars and will wave back to anyone who waves or calls out to me. (I won't initiate a wave to a Miata or MG, but I will wave back!) If I waved only to Vipers, I would never get to wave since they are very, very scarce in Iowa.

The Viper is serious enough to be able to acknowledge ANYTHING EVER BUILT!

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I even gave a thumb up to a red C6 Vette this week which was returned. Why people buy cool rides and don't wave to other gearheads is beyond me.

SilverViperSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here in Montreal, we are always happy to see an other Viper and so far we always wave at each other. Some time we stop on the side of the road to chat.

On the other hand, just to compare with the H2, at the beginning they were very very rare and the public was waving a lot each time but never an other H2 driver.

So I found that the Viper community is very warm :2tu:

And I agree 100% with VENOMAHOLIC.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah, I would guess that he had a "accident" in his shorts when he hit the gas pedal for the first time at coming out of a corner! Otherwise, he would have been a much nicer gentleman! :D

JJB500

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to me, some idiot in a red RT/10 also in NJ! I pulled up next to him in my SRT-10 gave him a thumbs up he looks over then he looked away! F**k him!!!

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pretty much agree with sweet red, I have a saying out here in Chicago with my friend " the fast car alliance". Im a CAR enthusiast, ive had vettes wave, bmws, whoever, I always throw up the peace sign or a wave, anything. I appreciate every car, and its awesome when other people do to. Sometimes you run into people who just dont know. Period.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are funny. Yeah I thought he was an idiot but what are you going to do. At least I know I was not the only one that felt weird about the situation.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the guy...he only has one arm and can't take his hand off the wheel. He's very insecure about the disability and doesn't like to shake hands either.

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahahahhaaha....GTS you are cracking me up...

It reminds me of being on my bike and being stiffed on the retrun wave from EVERY DAMN GOLDWING rider in the universe...

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was on the Belt Parkway Southbound Today and a Brand New Copperhead came up from behind. Car was from a dealer in NJ; 973 Area Code. I was driving my RT and my younger brother gave a huge wave and what does the Copperhead driver do? He completely ignores my brother. What a ****! He drove next to me for a few miles and just looked forward the whole time. Would not have been a big deal but he looked directly at my brother and then just looked the other way. IDIOTS LIKE THIS GIVE VIPER OWNERS A BAD NAME!

I have encountered dealer-tagged Vipers before, and had little response from them, and do not expect such, because they likely aren't the owner in the sense of anyone here, so there's no comraderie for them to reciprocate about.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the belt yesterday headed to Long Island but in my black Mamba... Too bad I missed you. I have never seen another Viper on the Belt or in LI which is good and bad.

9384DSC02898-med.JPG

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to at least offer another 'why':
Maybe he was just trying to mind his own business?
Every retard in a Honda Civic (or even this past weekend a Toyota Tacoma) try to rev engines and race me. I've learned to ignore them, it can be dangerous in a convertible to insult teenagers. Or crotch rockets. Or Harleys. etc.
SO, I try to mind my own business and wonder what gives people the idea I want to acknowlege them or talk to them just because of the car I chose to drive.

That said, I posted a topic here a LONG time ago about being dissed by a guy in a then new SRT-10 and I was in my red/white striped GTS. He acted like I didn't exist. Was it an "I'm superior" in my SRT vs. "you are inferior" in your OLD model thing? Dunno. I agree that a Viper wave is completely different from a camaro/corvette/mustang/civic etc wave.

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on the belt yesterday headed to Long Island but in my black Mamba... Too bad I missed you. I have never seen another Viper on the Belt or in LI which is good and bad.

9384DSC02898-med.JPG

Yeah they are pretty rare on the belt. Sorry I missed ya. See you on a run soon.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe he's read all your SRT devaluing posts and decided not to wave???? ;-)

Just a thought....

j/k. Wrong person to buy a Viper - he'll be selling within a year. He just doesn't "get it" - he was shopping between the Viper and the Jag convertible to go with his new midlife crisis and heard the viper was more of a "man's car" - now he's lamenting it's lack of power / heated seats.....

DavidG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get waves and return them from corvette owners quite often around here in Atlanta. I kind of do it out of reflex because I owned four C5s and one C6 over the past few years. Oh yea, and an '03 SRT10 'vert.

Dave