Sputter....

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Today was the first day I could take my car out and beat on it. So I did a pull from first to fourth gear in WOT to see how it ran. When I came out of first gear and went into second it started to pop a little bit and it kinda "coughed" a little bit. Also when it "coughed" the check engine light flickered while it was doing it. It ran fine after and before but this is the first time it did this. I have done the same pulls before and it never did it. I tried it again after and it didnt do it... Do any of you guys have a clue what this could be from?

I just replaced: Fuel filter, plugs, wires, put in k&n filters, smooth tubes, cleaned the pcv valve, reset the comp, new cerpitine belt, deleted the cats and mufflers. I think that is about it.

Also when I am above 2500 RPMs the dash lights flicker. I keep them turned very low.

Sorry so long and thanks for all your guys help.

Adam-

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You reset the PCM and the first demand you put on it is a dyno pull down the hiway? Talk about a learning curve...

Did you set WOT after the PCM reset if the 1996 cars need that?

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No Dave that was not the first thing that I did... I had been driving the car all day. And yes I did reset WOT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang