SRT 1/18

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Ertl 1/18 SRT10 arrived yesterday. I must say if the representation is accurate the car is not as striking as my 1/18 RT/10's. The convertable top is a much desired add, and the wheels are very complemetary on the car. Having never seen the show car in person this is my first 3 dimensional look at the car I am so anxiously awaiting. It seems the long front on the RT/10 is complemented by the gracious curves and flow of the hood, the SRT-10 is, well, straight. The SRT-10 model seems very mass production next to the RT/10s and GTS's in my collection, I hope the full size version strikes me better. BTW, ERTL *****'d the motor, its the GEN2. I think its time to go fire up the GTS and straighten out some curves.

OP
OP
T

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ahh, a satisfying drive. It is funny how you notice things you never really noticed before. I think the big miss for me on the model of the SRT is the muscular look of the front and hood. The rise of my RT/10's hood suggests power, the curving lateral bulges suggest a road ready stance and desire to take the curves any road can throw at it. This is missing from the SRT model. The small bulge from the hood duct becomes little more than a bump as it tapers rearward, and the straight lines of the front sides do nothing to convey an eagerness the take a high spead turn. As before I hope in person the real thing does not resemble the model.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte