SRT-10 for Tall driver?

swissviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello

Today i have from a dealer a great offer for a trade in of my 2000 RT/10 for a 2005 SRT-10, i like my RT/10 but the only problem is the place im 6.55 ft (199 cm) and with the hardtop on it is hard to drive the car i dont see any streetlamp on top ;-)
So my question has the SRT-10 more space for tall people or is the same?

Greets from Switzerland :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT has a little more headroom, but I found myself looking out of the top of the windshield.
After installing a seat lowering kit, I like the car even more.

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a friend about your height and he was definitely a tight fit in my car. He looked very uncomfotable. If I were you, I would get a ride in one before buying. Even with a seat lowering kit, you might find the car too small for comfort.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 96 GTS.
I now have a 2005 SRT-10.
I lowered the seat 2" in both, and the GTS gave me more room.
The GTS was better for big people in my opinion.
I need a 96 GTS.
PBR

05yellowSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 6' 4", 220lb. I used to have a 98 RT-10 that I drove with the factory seat arrangement for 7 years. No complaints.

The SRT-10 has slightly more room. So after I removed the sunblinds, I could drive my SRT-10 ok even with soft top up.

However, I read many good things about the 1" seat lowering kit from Northwind. I installed it last weekend, now the seating position is perfect. If you go the same route, search the site for instructions. The kit is high quality with one exception - the rod that links the actuator on both rails. It is easily replaced though.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Drop the seat 2 inches. Though it is no longer adjustable front and back, the back will still recline. You'll love it. I'm only 6'4" and about 250, very long waisted, ex-jock. Northwind makes the kit.

Without the seat drop, I could barely drive the car, had to have the top down and still looked right at the top of the windshield.

Pedals are fine as they are adjustable. My wife can drive the car at only 5'8".

Good luck,

Dan

Mike Dolan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am 6' 1" and drive an SRT-10. I purchased the 2" seat lowering kit and didn't feel right, kinda like a little kid trying to look out. So I just ordered the 1" kit, and am looking to sell the 2" kit. If anyone is interested in the 2" Northwind kit, I am interested in selling it. It was installed for a day & removed. Really nice kit, high quality, just a bit too low for me. Guess I am more long legged with a medium torso.

Regards,
Mike Dolan

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
At 6'5" you will likely need the 2 inch kit. Just get in contact with Mike Dolan and help a fellow member out, and he will probably save you a little bit of money too ---- plus no wait, as occasionally they are out of product while manufacturing new orders. :nana:

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6' and the one inch kit is perfect for me.

In addition I find the lower seat much more comfortable. Did not get it for the headroom, but to keep from looking out the top couple inches of the windshied.

I purchased the Northwinds kit from another member. For your height I would contact Mike and purchase his 2' kit. "Its a Club thing".

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am 6' and the one inch kit is perfect for me.

In addition I find the lower seat much more comfortable. Did not get it for the headroom, but to keep from looking out the top couple inches of the windshied.

I purchased the Northwinds kit from another member. For your height I would contact Mike and purchase his 2" kit. "Its a Club thing". :nana:

Viperdriver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have long legs forget it. The 2" lowering kit moves the seat 3" forward so if your inseam is 34" or more it makes the situation worse. The 1" kit helps but not much.
I have a 2" lowering kit if anybody want's it.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had Yelloh, Rich's, car in my shop he had already installed a 1" lowering kit so I was able to drive it and compare it to mine. I am 5' 11", 205 lbs. In my car the bottom of my knees would hurt after a long drive form the bolster on the front of the seat bottom. With his car with the 1" lowering kit I could drive all day with no pain. It was perfect. We talked about a 2" kit but he said it made it hard to see around him.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a 1" lowering kit for the passenger side of the car but it is not adjustable forward and back. The seat back will still tilt forward. I do not like this design as there are times I have needed access to screws behind the seat and have had to slide the seat forward. On rich's car he did not lower the passenger seat and you really had to look hard to see the difference.

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is included in the 1" kit???? Does anyone have pictures of the hardware

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible to take some foam out of the drive seat to fit a tall driver?