SRT-10 Front Wheel Stone Gaurds!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

We will be making a run of bolt-on stone guards for the Viper SRT's. As most of you know, the SRT's batter the side sills with stone chips at an incredible rate. We are going to make a set of plastic stone guards for the SRT which fasten to all of the original mounting locations on the front of the sill. They will run the full length of the front sill edge, and protrude approximately 1/4" past the sill edge to keep stones from being kicked up the side as well.

The price will be approximately $100.00 per pair. Please post your name here if interested, so we can gauge how large to make our first run.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
no rears?any prototype pics-that will help sell them:dunno:

I dont have any prototype pics at this point, just CAD drawings. In reality, there is very little to see! haha

They will be similar to the [ironic] post I just ran across seen here, but not nearly as invasive in there design. These guards are a bit large for my tastes...

http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-s...o-makes-these-front-mudflaps.html#post2726957

I will try to get a prototype set cut ASAP for you guys to see.

The rears are a good bit more complicated as they dont have any mounting screws on the lower face- they would require putting holes in the bumper for mounting, as well as the fact that the rear does not seem to get battered nearly as fast as the fronts. This would probably be the next item to tackle.

On that topic, *WOULD* you guys purchase a set of rears that required a couple holes in the leading edge?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Guess I should have patented mine when I posted them LOL.

Posted what? I haven't seen yours if that's what you are getting at, and they wont be the same as the ones in the thread above if those are actually yours.

I made a set of these back in '04 for a local guy, I might have ya beat anyway ;)

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now now Mark. I have had them on my car since 2003. Don't think you can beat that!

I also made a set of rear "stone" guards. I made them with a folded over tab that inserted between the wheel well and the quarter panel and used just one fastener. Worked slick but looked poor from the rear. So I do not have them on. The fronts though have been on more than 25,000 miles. They have aged with all the stone shots and what have you as expected. Note I first made acrylic (plexiglas) which lasted a mere few miles. Note also that I use Kumhos and Sport Cups and have tossed a few stones at them.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely interested, but I want to see them before I decide.

Will you be making a set for the rear as well?:dunno:

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in a front and rear set.

I really like the way the Z06 rear flare protects even higher up on the rear quarter panel. I think there is enough demand for an injected molded type flare that could be left black or painted to match the car is the shape was right.

On the Z06, I don't know if they are factory or aftermarket.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers,
George

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Come on guys I could care less, don't get so defensive...:confused:

Just covering my bases, you would be surprised how bent some people would get over anything they think may be similar to what they have done. I wasnt too concerned about ya... I dont get jumpy until:

"You *&^$**, I am going to fly over there and kick your %***#* and burn down your house with you in it for stealing my ideas!":rolaugh:

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in a set. I noticed last week that I'm currently missing the driver side oem tab/guard/thingie... guess it just blew off.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'd be interested, but how would these be better than that clear bra stuff I keep hearing people say is a must have?

Well, for starters it doesnt turn yellow in the heat, there wont be a line on the paint, and it wont cost a fortune and take 2 days and 75 attempts to install, or require professional application a minimum of 2-3 times until satisfactory. ;)

Y

Yellowsnakebite

Please add me to the "interested, but want to see first" list. Thanks.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested, but I want to see some pictures before I committ.