SRT-10 Wheels

Fastrrr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question about the clear coating on the rims. I took my car to Gingerman (Michigan) this last Sunday and I had a slight mishap. It was the first time I took my new 04 on the track and I went into Turn 3 way too fast(85 MPH ) Needless to say I couldn't make the turn and went off the track into Wet sand. It was everywhere the great news is that the body is perfect and un effected but the rims on the drivers side are not shiney any more? :confused: They are not noticeably scratched but I notice micro scratches that make the wheels look milky?

Does anyone have any Idea what I should do to restore the shine?

Thanks in advance! :laugh:

Scott Gerami

P.S. If you haven't taken you car on the track you have no idea how Awsome these cars really are.
:2tu:

04 SRT-10 Red
66 Mustang Convertable
03 BMW 530i

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is too bad. Though turn 3 is generally a fairly straight forward turn my SRT does get a bit jittery when getting into the ABS. I noticed most at turns 1, 3 and 12 where the initial braking speeds are high and the turn in speed is fairly low. But 85! That sounds awfully high for that turn unless you are talking about your exit speed (as it is an increasing radius turn the exit speed is up quite a bit over the entry).

As for the rims I would try rubbing them out first. I use the 3M series or rubbing compound, and finishing compounds.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check to ensure the rims do not have the plastic enamel coating which they appear to have first. Rubbing compound could make them worse(dull the finish).

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't all Viper wheels have a clear coat? Not sure what a "plastic enamel coating" is but I am pretty sure the Viper wheels are a clear coat (presumably powder coated).