SRT Chat HERE on September 17th!

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
1. Dont know if the chat is still going, but If I put 19in fronts and 20in rear wheels on my 08 ACR, would I need to adjust anything?

2. Any word of thoes Mopar parts from the ACR Mopar concept viper?

3. I have heard good and bad things about the belenger headers, and difinitive answers?

1. The ACR suspension was developed with the production Pilot Sport Cup tires and Sidewinder wheels. Without testing, it is difficult to say how changing the wheel/tire assemblies will affect handling. Besides handling concerns, there is also a tire-to-body interference concern. Even with the production tires, you can lower the ACR ride height enough to cause tire rubbing on the splash shields at some race tracks. If the diameter of the wheel/tire assembly increases, rubbing could become worse and limit your ability to lower the car.

2. Per previous responses, many MOPAR performance upgrades are being considered, but timing is TBD.

3. We can not endorse aftermarket parts. However, there are many customers running these parts. You should talk to some of those folks and get their opinions.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANKS FOR YOUR HANDS-ON PRESENCE AT VOI-10. Ive been to all 10 VOIs, but to be out there drag racing vs SRT, and tech-talks galore, was GREAT. (Even if James DID SWAP one time slip albeit temporarily....)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS FOR YOUR HANDS-ON PRESENCE AT VOI-10. Ive been to all 10 VOIs, but to be out there drag racing vs SRT, and tech-talks galore, was GREAT. (Even if James DID falsify one time slip albeit temporarily....)

+1. You guys really are the best, and we're all lucky to have this time to interact with you. Thanks again!

EZ 2B Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Here's another:
Is the actuation of the VVT Cam in the Gen IV engine affected by engine oil pressure and/or oil viscosity? If so, would it be noticeable to the driver in wide ranging conditions.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you disappear, I wanted to thank you and say that if any of you are going to be in Miami, please PM me and I will take you out to dinner. I would guess that many of my VCA colleagues in other areas of the country would be glad to do the same thing. Keep the dream alive!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok all, this SRT Engineering CHAT session is formally closed, so don't be offended if you don't get an answer to any post after this one.

SRT: Thanks for your time!!! Y'all are the best!

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Before you disappear, I wanted to thank you and say that if any of you are going to be in Miami, please PM me and I will take you out to dinner. I would guess that many of my VCA colleagues in other areas of the country would be glad to do the same thing. Keep the dream alive!

Sounds great, as long as it's not pizza. ;)

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
Ok, Here's another:
Is the actuation of the VVT Cam in the Gen IV engine affected by engine oil pressure and/or oil viscosity? If so, would it be noticeable to the driver in wide ranging conditions.

Both... yes... though we have found that it works well with the three major weights 0W40 / 10W30 / 15W50 (race only)

Issues really only arise under high temp / low pressure conditions... The controller automatically increases idle speed as oil temps rise to help aid oil pressure under those conditions.

Jeff Monheim

Viper Owner
Reaction score
HELLO! HELLO! Is anybody in here? It is Thursday 11:12 AM. I thought you had so much to talk about, that sombody would still be here? :(
Ok, I had a family emergency last night! But I read the whole chat this AM. Just wanted to say thanks to all, and Keep the SRT line and Viper Alive! :2tu::drive::2tu:

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
HELLO! HELLO! Is anybody in here? It is Thursday 11:12 AM. I thought you had so much to talk about, that sombody would still be here? :(
Ok, I had a family emergency last night! But I read the whole chat this AM. Just wanted to say thanks to all, and Keep the SRT line and Viper Alive! :2tu::drive::2tu:

Hope your family emergency came out OK for you last night Jeff. Trust me, we are still here and checking up on you guys often!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456