SRT leaves Le Mans to "focus" on North American racing program

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First we have Conner production cut...to "focus" on selling 2013 and clearing inventory (not a good thing)Then in late March Ralph Gilles announce that team Srt viper is leaving Le Mans to "focus" on the North American racing program (not another good thing) only to watch GM ramp up their racing program with the C7 here and over seas. What a shame because vipers were starting to strut their stuff after some minor bugs. As far as marketing! So much for making the Viper a "focus" on the high end customer. Unfortunaly I feel the arrow is pointing down and the end may be near? Unless they find a way to make the car 30k less than it is now! The only way I see it is to use the hellcat Hemi which looks like it's going to make over 650 hp with room for more and weighs less. I know there are members here that say the viper must be a V10 really, would you like to keep our beloved car in production and go with the hellcat knowing that this Hemi would make the car more powerful and faster. "It will" and make the car more competitive in the market as well cheaper to race like the C7 If they were Hemi"s the GTS would cost in the 90's and the SRT in the 70"s then you would see sales jump! Not to mention very little special service training at dealers! What do you think? But it looks like something need to be done to get the price down and more access to all or there will be no viper in a couple of years! And don't some of you come and tell me that they need an ACR and stay in the current configuration! If so! how much to you think the darn thing is going to cost? 200k or more. Let's face it the Lamborghini/Ferrari/Mclaren for the most part are not trading in those cars because they are into status, and in their minds a viper not a glitzy. I for one don't give two rats ass about glitz and I buy my cars for me not for someone's else to drool over. It's nice that it happens, but I could care less.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't comment on everything, but the cost to race the Viper will not go down by using the hellcat engine. For one, the engine in the race car is only a small portion of the cost of the car, plus they would have to develop a whole new race engine. Superchargers and road racing (especially long races) don't mix well together.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to Ralph the V8s are to wide for the Viper frame as it is currently design. It is not a drop in change.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone's vision seems pretty blurry, way too blurry to focus on anything...