SRT Raffle viper

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the winning ticket and have no clue when the car will be built, much less painted. The last e-mail that I received from VCA stated that the car had not been built yet. This was before the Christmas Holidays.

Joe Houss...remember, in your e-mail to me last week you indicated that you were going to research this issue and get back to me. Surely you have found out something by now?? I am not trying to be difficult, mind you. However, A little information would go a long way in reducing my anxiety over the lack of information...maybe this was all a dream.

If this car turns out to be real, I will post pictures as soon as the car is finished (I have my digital ready and armed). Meanwhile, maybe VCA can at least send me the registered letter that they promised in the raffle literature to confirms my win?

George

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Joe was at CAAP today. Maybe he was able to get an update on this and other SRT-10 questions?

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Craig, I'll wait until I see the car before I judge the paint scheme. Bottom line is the price is right & the reviews on the car are great. I sure don't want to seem ungrateful to anyone that undertook the effort to make the car special.

George

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venomos:
Craig, I'll wait until I see the car before I judge the paint scheme. Bottom line is the price is right & the reviews on the car are great. I sure don't want to seem ungrateful to anyone that undertook the effort to make the car special.

George

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I didn't mean to incinuate that it was crappy, ugly etc... It'd be kinda like the spiderman Vipers that were given away. If you win it it's almost too cool/rare to drive.

I dunno what i'd do, but you are surely correct, the price was right! Congrats!

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I didn't take offense to any of your comments.

Regarding the urge to keep it in the garage: I can't imagine owning a Viper and not driving it. I like to travel down Highway 1 near the cost and the Viper is perfect for those roads. Although with two cars, I guess I won't be accumulating as many miles on each car.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah George,

It's going to be cool to see your car when you get it.
supergrin.gif

I don't know about the progress of painting the Raffle car, but I remember reading about the big efforts spent in creating the previous, custom painted raffle cars in the past because (at least before) the parts were painted at separate facilities, so the paint guns had to be cleaned at each place, the custom parts painted, and then the stock paint refilled.

There appeared to be a lot of coordination for these efforts to do factory custom painting, and none were quite the elaborate paint designs that your SRT-10 will have (the Spiderman cars designs were on decals).

An extra element with your car is the California destination, with CA cars being delayed a little longer than other states (but apparently shipping soon).

I am looking forward to reading news about your car shipping soon as well.

-Dean.

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dean,

Thanks for the information. I know that Joe Houss is gathering information and will update me soon. He has been very supportive...I'll be patient...
bounce.gif

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
George, would I ever forget you? The winner of our first SRT-10 raffle (hint, hint, stay tuned for our NEXT awesome raffle!).

I was in Detroit and at Viper HQ, and all the wheels are moving. Your car is in the works, and you will be hearing from Viper HQ shortly with even more details!

Trust me on this one.... this car will be worth the wait!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venomos:
Joe Houss...remember, in your e-mail to me last week you indicated that you were going to research this issue and get back to me. Surely you have found out something by now?? I am not trying to be difficult, mind you. However, A little information would go a long way in reducing my anxiety over the lack of information...maybe this was all a dream.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe,

Thanks so much for the update...and forgive me for being impatient. I never had a doubt that the car would be special. However, now that I have read your statement (concerning how special you feel the car is), my level of excitement just jumped a notch or two.

I would still like to have a helmet designed to match the car's paint scheme, if that is possible. I will provide the helmet and pay for the design & painting, plus any shipping charges that would apply.

Meanwhile, I continue to be patient...
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No Viper Coupe raffle yet. But if they ever build a Coupe you can bet we get one of those to raffle! I vote for a Comp Coupe raffle, but that will be years away!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally, I want an SRT-10 Viper because I've always preferred convertibles, so I'm ready for the next raffle.

Since George won and he's so close by, it actually seems possible to win one after all.
supergrin.gif

-Dean.

Venomos

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got the word from VCA that the raffle car has been assigned an order # and will be scheduled for the production line soon (next 2 weeks). As the car nears the final phase of production, the paint scheme will be finalized and applied. DC is handling the paint design and application. Unfortunately, there will be no matching helmet though, DC is just not equipped to handle that small of a paint application in a cost effective manner. I will look for a custom paint shop in the CA Bay Area to tackle that one.

It was news to me when I found out that the paint scheme was the work of the folks at DC. Moreover, they created and will finalize the design on their own time (I originally thought that the design & paint was going to be done by an outside vendor). This is yet another example of the dedication and support from the people at DC/PVO. How can anyone argue that their (DC/PVO's) relationship with our club is not unique and special...many thanks to all involved. I really appreciate the car, your time on this project, and your dedication to the club. You have provided me with an experience that I will never forget. Talk about a time when "Thank You" seems so inadequate...this is it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave