SRT to represent at Nassau Coliseum

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My SRT is in the shop as I type being worked on trying to get ready for the Power 105.1 Auto Show, at the Nassau Coliseum this weekend. Most cars there will be high end, "bently, ferrari, etc.", from major "rap" stars. My car will be the only viper. I know this is not the usual spot for cars like ours but I thought it would be cool that the viper will be represented. From what I hear it will be a big show.
I just put in a set of MOTON shocks and drilled rotors - Car already has HREs. Lowered as much as humanly possible, the car should look a hell of a lot better. For those who are interested in this setup I will post pics when it is done. The moton shocks are straight from the comp coupe.

Also, For those interested in a fresh look, I have also resently invested a good deal of money to come up with a "body kit" for the SRT. A very reputable manufacturer for many of the top body kit companies is designing the kit for me. I will make it available through a very reputable viper parts dealer you all know and love! I'm not going to give any details as to who it is yet but I'm sure it is not too hard to fugure out. Any one interested can email me with questions. If you are serious about it I can also show you concepts(they should be available soon) so that you all can have an opinion on which direction the design should go, of course I will make the final decision as the first one is getting slapped on my car! I was going to wait to let people know but what the hell. my email address is [email protected]

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nassau Colliseum.That in my neck of the woods....I'll try to make this weekend....Im sure it wont be hard to spot ya :D

OP
OP
U

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool.
I just picked up my car today - low but not too low,looks awesome and handles like a gokart. Ride is fine too. anyone planning to do suspension work to the srt I highly recommend the moton setup.

I dropped car off at Nassau a little while ago. There was actually another viper - a tnt GTS with [******] bodykit. very nice. The show will certainly be different than what most viper owners are used to, but should be cool none the less. BTW, my mechanic's vette will be next to my car. the thing is real nasty - blower, heads, the whole nine yards. real fast and a daily driver. Any one in New York who needs a good place to bring there viper, B&A Automotive in Mamaroneck, NY is where you want to go. Just ask for Anthony. (914)381-2468. He really knows his stuff and pays attention to detail. I've used him for both vipers - engine work, suspension, you name it - and for other cars.

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Greg,

You and I exchanged various emails on lowering the SRT and we pretty much agreed on most. I am eager to see the final result - Do you have any pics of your beast lowered. How much did you end up lowering it and what kind of price are we looking at.

NB: My black 04 should be here real soon - YEAH bring it on !!!

Thanks

OP
OP
U

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I get into that stuff, someone has got to tell me how to change my avatar. I also need to invest in a digital camera - With some things I'm such a tight ***!

Have no fear, my mechanic took pics of the install so those interested can see where he mounted the reservoirs. He did a really nice job. My friend will also be taking pics of the car tomorrow and I hope to have them up on Sun. I will also invest in a digital camera this weekend - does anyone have any suggestions? I know nothing about them. NOTHING!!!!

My mechanic claims it was only lowered 1 1/2 inches. but it looks to me to be more because before he did it I measured about 4 inches of space between the tire and fender. Now they are very close. I still have some room to go lower if I want. I must say I'm very happy, it is nice and low- like I like it, but it is so far very driveable and VERY SUPRISINGLY comfortable. I've had other cars that were truly a nightmare. Oh, I also put Eibach springs in too. Handling is truly amazing. The car feels like it has no body roll. I previously had penskes on my GTS and I must say that I am more please with the way the SRT came out.

I promise to post pics soon. again someone must tell me how to change avatar and post pics!!!!!