SRT track experience

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Curious how many of you have done the SRT track experience. (www.srttrackexperience.com) I just found out it was on my window sticker and I get to go for free. Im going to a day in October at California Speedway. My home track (Laguna Seca) is already full plus date was in December when it will be cold and wet. So down to Socal I go.
Anyways, for those of you who have done this track day, how was it? What was it like?

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well worth the money. I heard it's going up to $500.00, so go while it's still cheap. The instructors are actual race car drivers, and they know what their doing. I'd go again tomorrow if I had the chance.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's a total hoot- I've done it and will go again in the fall. Couple hours of instruction time then out on the road course. Best part- in THEIR cars. All the SRT family is there to run. You gotta go, you won't regret it.

OP
OP
M

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, thanks guys. Im definately going. I would probably still go if I had to pay, But its FREE on my car as it was included in the window sticker. Well now Im excited. Ill post my review in October. Take care

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Free is correct and you will have a riot. Good chance to run the Viper on an Autocross course, and usually the SRT8s and SRT6s on the track. The Jeep is insane on the drag exercise ---- crazy , crazy , crazy launches in AWD Beast!

You will come away amazed at how well the cars handle on the track and most of the Instructors have worked for some of the professional schools. Primarily Skip Barber, but some are SCCA racers, and many freelance for numerous schools , so instruction is on par with a one day, top notch, school. Even at $500 , it would be a bargain , and as you noted , yours is free, but you might consider taking a friend - course let them pay their own way, ha. :nana:

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Get other Viper owners in your group. Drive all the cars in the SRT line.

It's not a racing school so don't be too serious - just enjoy the day, laugh a lot, and get in some fun rides with the instructors.

:2tu:

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
overall it is a great event. I just bought my new jeep srt thanks to the track experience. And since I have a new srt product I am going to go again. The food was good, instructors were great and burning someone elses rubber is always fun. I was pleasantly surprised by the crossfire and thought it was a fun little car to drive.
As long as the weather holds out you can really put the cars through their paces.
To top off the day I got a 2 lap blast in the comp coupe at road america.
Dont take the day to serious and you will have a blast.

viperrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was the most expensive "free" event I have ever done! Fell in love with the Jeep SRT8 and bought one to add to the SRT stable. Bill

PS-Going again in Dec to Laguna Seca! (free compliments of the Jeep purchase)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960