SRT track experience

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would they go through all the trouble to "postpone" one event?? What good does that do? It seems like everything Chrysler does these days only hurts their image but doesn't seem to make a financial difference.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think the new Chrysler has made any decision on whether SRT will continue. This may be a step that is being taken to allow them time to sort out that decision. Does anyone know if the SRT products, as a group, are profitable and, if so, how profitable? Which one's move off the dealer's lots quickly and which one's sit? I hope and pray that SRT does continue. A finer group of car people has never existed inside a manufacturer.

theviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I have heard, SRT is profitable. It's the only thing Chrysler sells that can sell for MSRP or above (at least until last year). It would be horrifically stupid to get rid of it from a financial and marketing standpoint. But with idiots like Nardelli who ran Home Depot in to the ground, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed SRT. Currently, there are a lot of people running the company that have a poor track record and are not real car people anyway. That's not an opinion, that is documented. Look at their past. And I know management at Chrysler...they are the ones who told me this, FWIW.

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the new company, SRT might no longer exist (other than current models).
Herb said in one of his threads, the SRT team would be going with Viper....at least that is what I thought I read, and I'll admit, that's what I want to happen.

PBR