SRT vs. GTS Viper. Which did you pick and why

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after reading my post sounds like i am getting a little soft in my old age...

HaHa ! I'm the same, one day I want a luxury GTS with lots of power, the next day give me a raw track machine SRT with some comfort, but not too much.......Good thing is I have more time to think it over, as I have not placed my order yet.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with my current budget, i would get the SRT version, still the same car without the creature comforts. I am currently happy with My 09 ACR though. the last of the no nonsense Vipers.

Bruce

So what are the nonsensical aspects of the Gen V ?

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HaHa ! I'm the same, one day I want a luxury GTS with lots of power, the next day give me a raw track machine SRT with some comfort, but not too much.......Good thing is I have more time to think it over, as I have not placed my order yet.
dont wait too long to order, in canada we wont have a lot of cars allocated to us.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Order is in for a:

Red SRT
Track pack (Hyper Black Wheels)
Red Leather Seats
Touring Package

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess SRT not finalizing options and orders just yet means some people will wait for later announcements.
I wish I could get my hands on my gen V now.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with the SRT. For me it carries the older vipers on. Designed with the Viper "purists" in mind. That being said I do like the fact that there is a wide range of options to pick from now. Colors, interiors, all kids of packages. I would get a SRT

$97,395 base
$ 2,600 Gas Guzzler Tax
$ 1,995 shipping
$ 1,000 Shadow blue pearl paint
$ 4,500 Silver stripes
$ 1,100 Hyper Black wheels
$ 3,000 Sabelt Nappa leather seats (Black)
$ 5,100 Exterior Carbon Package
$ 3,400 Interior Carbon Package

$ 120,090 is the total NOT including sales tax.

Now I'm waiting for a vert so who know what could happen by then. I'm still not sold on the stripes yet. If I don't get stripes I would consider changing my wheel color. Of maybe Gunmetal stripes to go with the Hyper Black wheels. Or the polished wheels to go with the silver stripes. Navigation is NOT in the base radio package so I might have to add the "Touring Package" as well. SO many choices! :)

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go with the SRT. For me it carries the older vipers on. Designed with the Viper "purists" in mind. That being said I do like the fact that there is a wide range of options to pick from now. Colors, interiors, all kids of packages. I would get a SRT

$97,395 base
$ 2,600 Gas Guzzler Tax
$ 1,995 shipping
$ 1,000 Shadow blue pearl paint
$ 4,500 Silver stripes
$ 1,100 Hyper Black wheels
$ 3,000 Sabelt Nappa leather seats (Black)
$ 5,100 Exterior Carbon Package
$ 3,400 Interior Carbon Package

$ 120,090 is the total NOT including sales tax.

! :)

$1,100 for standard Hyper black wheels ?
$2,600 more will get you the full Track pack set-up also with Hyper black wheels

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack---Excellent choice! Surprise is the Touring Package. What sold you on it? The Nav?

Bill

Mostly the NAV. I also read it only added 1 lb. I do not like the SRT stripes, I am going to have to find someone local that can do a GTS style stripe in black.

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mostly the NAV. I also read it only added 1 lb. I do not like the SRT stripes, I am going to have to find someone local that can do a GTS style stripe in black.

You're only 3-1/2 hours from Prefix. They have the templates and experience to do it right. You could also opt for delivery at Conner and Prefix will pick it up with their trailer and do the work. Enjoy your new ride!

Bill

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is PREFIX

Prefix paints all the body panels for the Viper at their facility, and the panels are delivered to Conner Ave. to be assembled. Prefix painted the stripes on the finished Gen. 3 and 4 Vipers. They also did the aero work on the Gen. 3 and 4 cars as well as the ACR. Go to the Events section of the forum and you can see some pictures of their new facility, as well as some of the fixtures used to lay out the stripes. Here is the link http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/658435-prefix-11-10-12

Bill

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks... very cool !

Prefix paints all the body panels for the Viper at their facility, and the panels are delivered to Conner Ave. to be assembled. Prefix painted the stripes on the finished Gen. 3 and 4 Vipers. They also did the aero work on the Gen. 3 and 4 cars as well as the ACR. Go to the Events section of the forum and you can see some pictures of their new facility, as well as some of the fixtures used to lay out the stripes. Here is the link http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/658435-prefix-11-10-12

Bill

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I suppose you would need to run the stripes through the vents in the SRT hood if you went with GTS style stripes. I'd be curious to see how that would look...

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suppose you would need to run the stripes through the vents in the SRT hood if you went with GTS style stripes. I'd be curious to see how that would look...

I don't think so, because the additional vents swing toward the outside of the hood. Only the first vent on each side would be striped. Check out the pictures on page 26 of the catalog for a good view of both hoods and stripes https://www.drivesrt.com/assets/docs/2013/2013-SRT-Viper Catalog-web.pdf If I knew what I was doing with a computer, I would have linked just that page!

Bill

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it will not take too long before some picture of gts stripes on srt hood shows up!
Do you guys think both hoods have same curved lines/bumps?

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTS stripes on SRT hood is a long ways off. Someone has to get a SRT and then have Prefix (or equivalent) paint the stripes and clear coat it. Since delivery is at a minimum one to two months away, you are going to look at next year.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone purchasing the CF aero option?

•Carbon Fiber Aero Package ◦$4,800 - SRT Viper /SRT Viper GTS

Carbon Fiber Aero Package
Continuing the carbon fiber theme for optional exterior components, select this real carbon fiber aero package for 2013 SRT Viper and SRT Viper GTS models. The package consists of functional, lightweight and stylish two-piece front splitter and rear spoiler. Pieces are functional for high performance applications and durable for day-to-day driving conditions.

strykergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Z06 3LZ convert here, went with the GTS since it offered similar interior creature comforts (if you can call them that ;) ) For the 1 or 2 times I will actually track the car, I figured it would be money better spent to keep the better half happy when she comes along.

elanderholm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's in the touring package? Don't want nav. I just use my phone. I can only imagine phone nav will just get better and better. Pretty happy with my gen IV acr for now. Will wait to see what the new acr is. Jealous of u guys getting gen Vs though. Amazing vehicles. One of my investors has a 430 scud and a srt grand Cherokee and recently drove the gen V. He said it was one of the nicest overall driving experiences he's ever had and is now looking to buy one. The srt Cherokee first got him interested and the gen V sealed it.