2014 Viper options, prices

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I was quoted $1700 for the wheels and $800 for tires. I like the Sidewinders as well but opted for the standard polished Venom split 6 and I'll round up some customs later.

So you had to order the wheels separate or are they going to come on the car already?

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The GTS stripes will be available on the SRT hood.
Sidewinder II will be available without the track pack for some less price.

The_Greg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is capitalist America - $1,000 for a hood is just what the marketing department thinks you'll pay :D

Remember this is a hand built car, and the SRT hood is non-standard on the manufacturing process for the GTS. There is a real cost associated with offering that option - including the tooling to apply stripes to that different geometry hood. Is it $1,000? Probably not, but see above ^^^.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is capitalist America - $1,000 for a hood is just what the marketing department thinks you'll pay :D

Remember this is a hand built car, and the SRT hood is non-standard on the manufacturing process for the GTS. There is a real cost associated with offering that option - including the tooling to apply stripes to that different geometry hood. Is it $1,000? Probably not, but see above ^^^.

The stripes are a separate option with a separate cost, this is just choosing a different hood from the parts bin. Makes no sense whatsoever.

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get a SRT hood on the GTS do you get SRT stripes? I want SRT stripes lol

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes are a separate option with a separate cost, this is just choosing a different hood from the parts bin. Makes no sense whatsoever.
But, lets be fair. In the terms of spec cars, $1,000 isn't a whole lot to get what you want.

I mean, does getting your instrument panel in one of four colors in a porsche warrant $900? Or color seatbelts at $600? Not really, just what it comes down to with option-able vehicles.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But, lets be fair. In the terms of spec cars, $1,000 isn't a whole lot to get what you want.

I mean, does getting your instrument panel in one of four colors in a porsche warrant $900? Or color seatbelts at $600? Not really, just what it comes down to with option-able vehicles.

Agreed but doesn't mean its not ridiculous

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hood is $500. Extra cost is also applicable when ordering a Rattler rim for the GTS. Though it may seem silly to us, it is simply a supply change and minor cost movement due to production structure. We have to remember that any change in supplier demands can mean cost adjustments, as well as inventory movement along the assembly line.

Just think of the fact that this could not be accomplished for 2013, and then one can realize that a $500 adjustment for a hood, or $500 for rims not designated for a specific model is actually quite fair compared to many other companies and what they charge for these differences.

I think the blessing will be that in 2014 there will be more chances to visit the Plant and Viper owners and buyers will get to see the dynamics of the new Plant layout --and how extremely organized it is. Please bring your own utensils as you can eat off the floor!!!

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair statement Bill, one thing I know I will check off CONNER AVE pickup on my next purchase. I've seen the pics of those who have done so and I'm quite jealous.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SRT has stated that there is a program in developement , similar to others , where one pays to have a Factory Pickup, and they do all kinds of extras with a full red carpet treatment. I imagine they are trying to go over the legal issues making the program work for all 50 States. I do know, over the years, having done some factory pickups, that various State laws and at one point Michigan's ,made doing this a bit of a hassle. Supposedly Michigan has really loosened up it's requirements, and the Plant is actively viewing how to set up a program for the future.

PS - Capt Van , the Sidewinders are 1700, the tires are an extra 800 , so if you are getting the Venom rims , it is only a 1700 uptick, and if you are getting hyper black Venoms ( 1100 extra ), it is really only going to cost you 600 more to upgrade. Hope this is helpful for you?

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT has stated that there is a program in developement , similar to others , where one pays to have a Factory Pickup, and they do all kinds of extras with a full red carpet treatment. I imagine they are trying to go over the legal issues making the program work for all 50 States. I do know, over the years, having done some factory pickups, that various State laws and at one point Michigan's ,made doing this a bit of a hassle. Supposedly Michigan has really loosened up it's requirements, and the Plant is actively viewing how to set up a program for the future.

PS - Capt Van , the Sidewinders are 1700, the tires are an extra 800 , so if you are getting the Venom rims , it is only a 1700 uptick, and if you are getting hyper black Venoms ( 1100 extra ), it is really only going to cost you 600 more to upgrade. Hope this is helpful for you?

It is helpful to me. So now we can get the sidewinders in matte black per say with regular p zeros? How well do the corsa's wear anyways? If they are like the michelin sport cup tires than you can keep them.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, you can get the regular P Zeros with sidewinders. There initially was a minor glitch that caused confused orders since the Sidewinder rim has been tied only to Corsas, but SRT caught that and had it corrected in a day.

So, one can order sidewinders as an extra cost option , like the Hyper Black and Matte Black finished rims, and the standard tire will be on the car. You can still upgrade to the Corsa tire for $800 and this is Pirellis competition to the Michelin Sport Cup, at the present time, though is has some big advantages for those that could get caught in the rain - it's tread design is more conducive for damp weather.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, you can get the regular P Zeros with sidewinders. There initially was a minor glitch that caused confused orders since the Sidewinder rim has been tied only to Corsas, but SRT caught that and had it corrected in a day.

So, one can order sidewinders as an extra cost option , like the Hyper Black and Matte Black finished rims, and the standard tire will be on the car. You can still upgrade to the Corsa tire for $800 and this is Pirellis competition to the Michelin Sport Cup, at the present time, though is has some big advantages for those that could get caught in the rain - it's tread design is more conducive for damp weather.

Is there any place on the web I can see the 2014 configurator or whatever it is called?

Thanks

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks Bill,

just about everything you post is helpful one way or another.

I ended up going for both the Hyper black Sidewinders and Corsas, just plain bad ass as far as I'm concerned and when it's all said and done...not too bad a deal. I did go for the SRT hood and painted tail panel, I wonder if the GTS stripes will go over the panel or like my 02 GTS and not on the panel.

I would very much like to go to the factory and pick her up, I have an old friend that lives close by the planed and I'm planning on taking him and have him co-pilot the ride back to Florida.

As always, bill your insight is very valuable.

CV

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had sent an email to SRT and one lady said there were never factory tours and everything goes through her.
I gave up on contacting SRT ever since lol!

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bill do you know if they would offer the SRT style stripes on a SRT hood on a GTS in red?