2014 Viper options, prices

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh2o reported, “The big news for the 2014 SRT Viper is the new TA Special Edition, to become available later this year. The main change that will take place immediately is the addition of the light weight two-piece Stoptech rotors as standard equipment on the GTS, which is driving a $1,500 MSRP base price increase on the GTS model.”

The 2014 Viper SRT Coupe starts at $97,395 plus $1,995 destination plus $2,678 gas-guzzler tax, for a total of $102,068. Free colors are adrenaline red, billet silver, black, and white. Buyers pay $1,000 more for GTS-R blue pearl, gunmetal pearl, or race yellow.

You must be registered for see images attach

The 2014 Viper GTS Coupe starts $ 126,568 including destination and gas-guzzler tax. Colors are the same as for Coupe.

Viper SRT options include Rattler wheels in glossy or matte black for $1,100, Sidewinder wheels with the same options at $1,700, the advanced aerodynamic package at $4,800, alternate-colored seat belts at $350, and the Grand Touring package at $2,500. There are also two audio packages ($1,995 with 12 speakers, $2,995 witih 18 speakers), special P295/30 and P355/30 Z-rated tires at $800, an exterior carbon fiber pack at $5,100, interior carbon fiber accents at $3,400, and racing stripes in red, silver, black, white, or gunmetal for $4,500. Cloth Sabelt seats or leather seats (black, caramel, red) are standard; leather Sabelt seats are $3,000.

Options for GTS are similar, except there are also $500 polished Rattler wheels; a Laguna interior package for $7,500; stripes are $5,000; a rear body color appliqué is $50; the 18-speaker audio is $1,000; and an SRT hood is $1,000. The suede and leather seats are included, with Sabelt premium leather seats included in the Laguna package.

The exterior carbon fiber package includes front and rear brake duct bezels and a rear carbon-fiber appliqué. The aero package included a carbon-fiber front splitter and rear spoiler.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So no vert yet either huh?

Maybe 2015 will bring both Stryker Green AND vert!!!

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*** $,1000 for SRT hood is a ****ing cheap move by SRT!

I think the same thing but I do like the SRT hood. Here is how I see it, no more track pack so save $3,500 but still get the Stop Tech brakes, SRT hood $1,000 (totally offensive) MSRP up $1,500. On the one I'll order I'm still down $500 but no Sidewinder wheels. :rolleyes:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that by allowing a GTS to get a SRT hood it devalues the GTS exclusivity. It dilutes the distinction between a "premium" car and a "base" version. Another bad move by SRT IMO.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget that the GTS can now get the rear piece painted body color for $50.

Base model = stealth premium model confirmed? I had no idea I had $1050 worth of extras over the GTS! Lol

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that by allowing a GTS to get a SRT hood it devalues the GTS exclusivity. It dilutes the distinction between a "premium" car and a "base" version. Another bad move by SRT IMO.

I think you have it backwards---GTS gets either hood. SRT 6 vent only. So if exclusivity is your thing, buy the GTS and get the exclusive hood so you don't get mistaken for one of the guys like me who got the "POS Base Model" :)

Bill

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear piece looks cheap; painting it or going carbon fiber is definitely something to consider. I like both hoods; sorta glad I only have a 13 so I didn't have to make that choice. Same wheel choices? I like the hyper black venom I chose.

IMO in the future they should let you choose different color brake calipers too.

The car looks smells feels sits and drives outstanding. Congrats to the new owners and good luck to the future ones.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
painting the rear piece makes it look too much like a gen IV. In GTS trim the gloss black against the bright white looks amazing. Guess I am biased
The rear piece looks cheap; painting it or going carbon fiber is definitely something to consider. I like both hoods; sorta glad I only have a 13 so I didn't have to make that choice. Same wheel choices? I like the hyper black venom I chose.

IMO in the future they should let you choose different color brake calipers too.

The car looks smells feels sits and drives outstanding. Congrats to the new owners and good luck to the future ones.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I have to agree. The car does sit, feel, and drive outstanding.

Viperus Prime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
has anyone have the remote controle with the start engine button on it? is this only on the GTS or with the Grand Touring package? and how is that working out of you? -V-

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

About 70% of the cars built so far are GTS. Seems the "base" model is more exclusive. I wouldn't call an interior and shock package a premium "model", the cars are identical and have the same powertrain. Not like there is a lower hp or smaller engine package, like the Corvette has. It is more like a premium "trim level". Sort of like the 1LZ, 2LZ, 3LZ packages on the Corvette Z06.

Those of us that bought the SRT model see them as the "faster, lighter, with a meaner hood" model. :)

Tony

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really?? But it will be on the 2014? or am I way off? cause in the 2013 Viper owner's information you can see the info about the remote start.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQamQPhYqFw

Thanks Bill -V-

Remote start won't happen until there is an automatic transmission option. Can't have them with a manual, since starting a car in gear wouldn't be a good idea. That video is just a generic Chrysler video, even my 2013 Ram truck has the same key fob.

Viperus Prime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remote start won't happen until there is an automatic transmission option. Can't have them with a manual, since starting a car in gear wouldn't be a good idea. That video is just a generic Chrysler video, even my 2013 Ram truck has the same key fob.

Aaah damm, I was really looking for that! that would've been so cool. I hate that they make a video on how to operate it on your Viper, and then it doesnt exist. Thanks for bursting the bubble SRT!

Thanks Nine Ball, and really loving your Viper adventure at the factory! -V-

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread seems to promote the idea once again that there shouldn't be two models. Should've just had a base to build on. Too many people seem to be posting that the perfect car for them would've had a different mix of options than what is available. I bet a GTS without the electronic shocks that no one likes would've sold well.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why I never buy a first year of any model, SRT like any car company needs to iron out the issues. Even the 2010 ACR was an improvement over the 2009. I never liked the two model ideas and think its silly. Sell a base model with options and let me add what I want, the colors I want and the stripes I want. (Oh yeah make an ACR and a convertible too)

SRTviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So since the trackpack is gone and stop tech rotors are standard, can you not get the sidewinder wheels anymore? Because those were the only wheels I liked.

ringram

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing as most sales are GTS, why would they want to sell the SRT for less margin?
Im not sure I like all the extra weight in the GTS though.
I hope they dont drop the SRT totally.

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So since the trackpack is gone and stop tech rotors are standard, can you not get the sidewinder wheels anymore? Because those were the only wheels I liked.

Yes, I was quoted $1700 for the wheels and $800 for tires. I like the Sidewinders as well but opted for the standard polished Venom split 6 and I'll round up some customs later.

Last edited: