SRT10 = Mike Tyson

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was something wrong with my FE Coupe when I got it. Just couldn't put my finger on it though. But Lou Belanger got the expression I was thinking of: My Viper is like Mike Tyson. Think about it. Tyson is a badass (or was) boxer that people feared, but then you heard him speak and he has this little girly pansy voice. That's the SRT-10! Bad ass looks and attitude, but a pansy little exhaust note that simply does not do it justice.

But... After Belanger headers, high flow cat, and belanger exhaust - My car sounds like James Earl Jones!

I did not have the opportunity to dyno it before the exhaust because it is still not broken in. I will dyno it in a 1000 miles or so.

Finally sounds as good as it looks!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every car sounds weak without some exhaust modifications. I think the srt-10 has a nice rumble to it if you do not want to get extremely loud.

OP
OP
D

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The exhaust sounds better to me stock with a supercharger

I would assume at idle it is the same, right. At WOT it probably roars some. :)

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
But... After Belanger headers, high flow cat, and belanger exhaust - My car sounds like James Earl Jones!
----------------------------------------------------------

okay im a newbee at this so please excuse my lack of knowledge. first of all: does "high flow cats" come with belanger system? i've read a lot about the belanger system in general. it seems they have the best headers around, but who has the best exhaust system? i've also heard Random Tech makes the best Hi-Flow Cats. SRTRICKY, u have it on ur srt10, hows the sound and power? what do u guys think about removing the muffler and going with a str8 pipe? any recommendations will be appreciated?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that Belanger makes the best Viper/Viper Truck/Comp Coupe Headers around. These guys have 50+ years of experience and they research the car to death prior to marketing their products. They make a nice catback also, and I do believe Lou finds the Random Tech cats to be the premier unit on the market ( I know we do ). We do slightly prefer the Corsa Catback over the others , for fit and finish, and with the system opened up it is a dragon roar and timid Chebby folks will run in fear,ha.

Seriously, the full system is probably good for 25-30 hp , as we have found that the factory system is excellent ( much better than those from the Gen II cars ) and the Belanger system is about the only one to get a respectable gain. Some of the others seem to mirror image stock and that means we go with Lou and his mean header virtually exclusively!

Hope that helps and welcome to the Forum. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dawg2Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no doubt in my mind that Belanger makes the best Viper/Viper Truck/Comp Coupe Headers around. These guys have 50+ years of experience and they research the car to death prior to marketing their products. They make a nice catback also, and I do believe Lou finds the Random Tech cats to be the premier unit on the market ( I know we do ). We do slightly prefer the Corsa Catback over the others , for fit and finish, and with the system opened up it is a dragon roar and timid Chebby folks will run in fear,ha.

Seriously, the full system is probably good for 25-30 hp , as we have found that the factory system is excellent ( much better than those from the Gen II cars ) and the Belanger system is about the only one to get a respectable gain. Some of the others seem to mirror image stock and that means we go with Lou and his mean header virtually exclusively!

Hope that helps and welcome to the Forum. :2tu:

I dyno'd before and after Belanger headers and exhaust on my 2003 and gained 45 HP. This time I did not dyno. Lou has refined his catback exhaust sine I did my '03 and it is a better fit and finish it seems. Not sure how it compares to the Corsa though.

Belanger sells just their headers, or a complete exhaust with the headers in any combination the owner wants (different sizes, with or without the stock crossover pipes. with or without cats, etc.). I went with the straight side pipes (no crossover) and a 2.5" exhaust. I found that the 3" was too loud for me. But no more Mike Tyson voice!