Started or drove

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So am I the only one here that has not started nor drivin my Viper this year. What kind of owner am I? Just not enough time and the key point here my oldest is four and the twins just turned two so I dont think I have to explain a whole lot about my extra time I dont have.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time you have plenty of. We all have the same amount! It's just a matter of setting priorities and making time for what is important. Sounds like you have things in the right order. Enjoy your family, time with the toys will come.

Remember, it is still a car. Use it for those trips to the store for that extra gallon of milk, take it to work on a nice day, run your short errands with the Viper....

Blainne

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it at all. I love to buy used Vipers with no mileage on them. :D

Ive only driven mine a few times since i bought mine. Been traveling most of this year. Only 3 more days i get to go home and drive it some more!

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
This weekend I cranked up the 96 GTS for a first drive since October storage. Tires LOOKED fine, but while the motor warmed up fully, I decided to check: Tires were only at 10-12 PSI in all 4. CHECK TIRE PRESSURES after Storage!!

Late Edit: I HAVE been driving my 09 ACR a lot, my 94 a tiny bit, and Doris' 01 rarely....

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K.Now not feeling so bad, My son keeps buggin me to take him for a ride but mom says no.. Soon I will..

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's crazy how low the average mileage is on Vipers. It's like if you have over 35k on a Gen III it is a "high mileage" car. Yeah, it's not the most practical car and you don't want to park it just anywhere, but my '05 is fairly comfortable and a heckuva lot of fun to drive. I find myself forcing myself to NOT drive it at times just to keep the miles off, but I truly don't understand why these guys buy an expensive car and only manage to rack-up 1k miles a year or less. To me, that indicates the owners haven't really gelled with the car or have some issues with driving it around (too showy/too ****/too hard to get in and out of/too worried about damaging it/poor visibility when backing up/etc.???). I get it that some have multiple garage toys and have to time share between them, and so once a month on a sunny Sunday may be all the car gets, but geez, these 6-year-old Vipers with 3k miles on 'em makes me question the sense of owning one for those folks. Not that it's any of my business, of course... :-0 It's just that y'all who never drive 'em are making it tough on those that do when it comes to re-sale... why buy one with 30k miles when half of them for sale have less than 15k?

Roffey

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only had mine out a few times this season as well. Too busy packing and getting ready to move,
plus trying to get our old house ready for market. Hopefully, next year will provide more time to play!

Like Steve said - sounds like you have your priorities in the right order though....

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to drive mine in Janaury and February a bit to get some use out of her before I deployed. Can't wait to get some nice weather driving in. You can always take the twins for a ride in the Viper 1 at a time. Then you get family time and Viper time combined.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just drove mine this past Sunday for the second time since last October - for a total of 90 miles this year(so far).

Between working 6 days a week, along with a screwy work schedule and lousy weather, time just goes by...

Freakin' car is still a blast to drive though.:D

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So am I the only one here that has not started nor drivin my Viper this year. What kind of owner am I? Just not enough time and the key point here my oldest is four and the twins just turned two so I dont think I have to explain a whole lot about my extra time I dont have.

You can always buy another car, but you can't buy more time with your children. The original owner of my RT/10 sold his car as he and his wife have 4 children and the care was sitting more than anything else. It was traded in on a Suburban...and then I picked it up.

Why won't your wife let you take your son in the Viper?

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned my 2000 GTS for 16 months and I've only driven it 700 miles and about 5 times this year which is about 90 miles. I've been out of town a lot and been busy the rest of the time. I'm hoping next year to start driving it every week, but right now things just haven't panned out. Don't feel bad, you're not the only one.

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always buy another car, but you can't buy more time with your children. The original owner of my RT/10 sold his car as he and his wife have 4 children and the care was sitting more than anything else. It was traded in on a Suburban...and then I picked it up.

Why won't your wife let you take your son in the Viper?

Well he still only 35lbs and the law says the have to be atleast 45lbs to ride in the front seat, So No rides yet for him. As far as geting another car or truck, I have the family Suburban, A Sonoma for work The Dually for pulling.So I have that covered.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY ? Because some carguys have less respect other carguys that dont drive their vehicles. Some consider others posers for letting a racecar sit in their garage and rarely see the road let alone the track. Some owners might be embarrassed when they are out and tell someone they have a Viper then the person asks why they are not driving it and says if they had an amazing car like a Viper they would find a reason to drive it atleast once a week. Ect... ... ... ... ...

half of me understands and partly agrees with what i just said, the other half agrees with MoparSteve:)

FYI, there are these people called babysitters.
For more info, read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babysitting :2tu:

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW You are my hero And Yes Thanks for the education on a Baby Sitter And you have to have atleast 700k miles on your car, WoW again you Da Man.. When I get older I want to be like You Dom426h...........................

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd be embarrassed, but that's just me.

That's hysterical, a chip off the old 2ViperChuck there...
shame it doesn't translate well to paper...

MarcRoth - all depends on your mindset. If you love the viper, and love
owning a viper, none of the Die-Hards would think twice if you need a
year off or two - it happens. The people who get the flak are the ones
who come here like "yeah, i have a viper, how cool am I now?," then
don't drive it for a year, then go buy a vette or a porsche whilst
complaining how bad the "viper experience" turned out to be. Don't
think twice about it - we'll see you out here when you're ready...

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHY ? Dont see it your way.

Look...quit acting like the car is some big, huge troublesome piece of machinery to take out. It's just a car. Don't make it an event every time you drive it...just take it out, for errands, to work etc.

I'm sure your weekends are also booked, from 6am to 11pm...so those days are out to. If for nothing else, drive it for the next owner when you trade it in on a minivan...he'll appreciate the seals not being all dried up.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my oldest is four and the twins just turned two so I dont think I have to explain a whole lot about my extra time I dont have.

These seem like very good reasons to get away now and then for some Dad time. Tell the wife you're gonna hit the road for a hour or two and find some cool roads. Just don't forget to give her time to get away too....

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Look...quit acting like the car is some big, huge troublesome piece of machinery to take out. It's just a car. Don't make it an event every time you drive it...just take it out, for errands, to work etc.

I'm sure your weekends are also booked, from 6am to 11pm...so those days are out to. If for nothing else, drive it for the next owner when you trade it in on a minivan...he'll appreciate the seals not being all dried up.

LMAO I'm with Ryan here. I have owned mine for 2 years now and have gone from 6,000 miles to almost 23,000 miles. In all honesty though thats just me and thats how I enjoy MY car. I know not everyone likes to take it out that much and I understand that too I guess.

Confuse anyone yet? lol ;)

Andy Wheeler

OP
OP
M

MarcRoth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW All I did was asked a question, and who stated I dont drive my car Hell I have put on 34k on it and run it like I stole it,But have not even started it this year yet,You guys act if I am some yuppy ***** who doesnt drive my car....Wrong I do. Rain or shine but no snow but not yet this year is all. So for you better than thow guys I do Drive my cars...

viper67wife

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Car seats are rated to 80 mph. Pop him in and go! There's no better way than to stop a case of the "whines" than a viper ride! (Our 4 year old is pissed that he's not allowed on the track with Daddy. Safety rules never change.)

O.K.Now not feeling so bad, My son keeps buggin me to take him for a ride but mom says no.. Soon I will..

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To stay emissions exempt here in PA, I have to limit myself to 5000 miles annually. Right now, I'm FIGHTING to stay within that! I've put over 800 miles on in just the two months since I was inspected, with many more months of driving and shows to go.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I understand what you are saying. It's just hard to find the time to get out. WHile I have been able to get my car out a few times this year it's not nearly as much as I used to get the car out. I have two little ones myself. Funnily enough, when my youngest was born (this year) my wife started to have contractions while I was at a VCA event. That was a very quick drive home. ;) As mentioned earlier...it sounds like you have your priorities in the right order. You will find the time to get out in the car. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62