Starts and dies

Mikerace1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 RT 10. I drove the car and parked it. A half hour later I was locked out. The doors would not release. After getting in using the emergency release on the door the car would start for 2 seconds and die. 2 days later the doors opened and the car started and ran fine for 3 days. Now the doors won’t pop again and it cuts off after 2 seconds. Any input would be greatly appreciated

MtyMous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, I've had the exact same thing happen to me. Did a lot of troubleshooting and didn't know if it was the fuel pump, battery, etc. What ended up fixing it for me was ensuring I had a known good battery installed, and then I disconnected the main harness from under the hood. It's the big harness on the driver side that plugs into the ECU. You have to physically unbolt it. I cleaned the grounds and then reinstalled it and sealed it. No problem since. An easy place to start.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like the exact same thing that happened to my 2000 RT/10 last year. I would take a look at the EEML. I is most likely the unit or one of the input signals that manage the security system. A common input signal that fails is the hood switch. Take a look at the shop manual if you have one.