Steel Braided Brake Line Question

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2009 ACR and I'd like to know if it comes with steel braided brake lines? I plan on tracking the car and steel braided lines are a worthwhile upgrade.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think they do, but if you're wondering if the previous owner added them you can see them pretty easily. Nice car by the way.

OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think they do, but if you're wondering if the previous owner added them you can see them pretty easily. Nice car by the way.

Thanks! When I bought the car, I had a Viper tech at my local Dodge dealer put the car on a lift and look it over for any problems. I (stupid me) forgot to look and see if the car had steel braided brake lines :cool:

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of front and rear braided lines from Stoptech. I had them on my GT500 and they make a great line. The lines are also DOT approved.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2009 ACR and I'd like to know if it comes with steel braided brake lines? I plan on tracking the car and steel braided lines are a worthwhile upgrade.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
The ACR does not come with stainless lines as you probably found out but it is highly advised to have a set put on for tracking. You can leave them on for the street and toss the OEM lines out. Not very expensive for the parts and labor. For the track, also upgrade your fluid at the same time such as Motul 600 or similar.

OP
OP
T

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The ACR does not come with stainless lines as you probably found out but it is highly advised to have a set put on for tracking. You can leave them on for the street and toss the OEM lines out. Not very expensive for the parts and labor. For the track, also upgrade your fluid at the same time such as Motul 600 or similar.

Thanks :2tu:......I plan on purchasing Stoptech lines and racing brake fluid in the coming months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235