Stock SRT 10 exhaust vs Corsa

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I order a corsa exhaust I just wanted to get some perspective from those who made the switch - is the sound note really that much different then the stock exhaust and compared to stock how much louder is the corsa and is it very noticeable in the cabin w/top up and/or top down? Thanks I simply want to make a good decision - indifferent to HP gain. Thanks

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did it a week ago....see my post "age old question".
I asked for help on the forum and got a lot of advise.
1. It's loud, I would like it with a little less noise but I love the rumble at idle. Keep it under 2000 rpm and it's okay. You get a drone above that. Get on it and it sounds like a freight train on top of you. Wife hates it (good, b/c now she won't drive it).
2. More hp.
3. Cooler, cooler, cooler.

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Turbo 63 Mike said it perfect, when you get on it at about 3000 its like taking off in a plane and hearing it too, but if you dont want to hear that loud than you dont have to get on it then, but what fun is that. You will love it.

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O and make sure the installer dose keep the exhaust tips pulled towards the front of the hole, they really do move that 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Trust me mine was installed just forward center of the hole and it did move back past into the sill, had to do a bit of repaint on the black.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Corsa track system is good upgrade...
More power, great sound, less weight, and sill/in-cabin heat issues are virtually eliminated.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But how do they compare to the Mopar race exhaust (aka Borla 3")?

fixbone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Corsa is sharp, loud and raspy. Sounds much better if the car is passing by you then if you are driving. The sound seems to mellow after a couple weeks, but most likely what really happens is you begin to go deaf in your left ear. I actually drove the first few weeks with an earplug in my left ear.
I changed the exhaust only to cure the cabin heat problem by eliminating the crossovers. That worked very well.

Search other posts related to the installation and also see the above from Voltage. You must install the tips close to the front of the sill opening. Absolutely.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay stock!!!! The side dumps are just too anoying for driving any longer than 10 miles! I am putting the stock cross overs back on with high flow cats with headers. Your left ear will kill you. If you just want a bar hopper and just want to sound bad ass than don't worry about it get the side dumps. If you really want to drive your car forget it.

Herc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Corsa Track will be for sale in a few weeks if anyone
is looking.

Herc

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting. I have not heard any negative comments about the less expensive Mopar race exhaust. I think mine is great. Only negative was aligning it to prevent the system growth from causing the outlet to move too far rearward, similar to the Corsa.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have put Corsas on my GTS, C6 Vette, and SRT and like the sound on the SRT the best. I still found car hot, however, and got Roe wrap which is big help.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know sound is subjective topic but I must say I have drive my SRT with the Corsa track on 100 mile trips and the sound doesnt bother me at all. In fact, below 2000 RPM you can barely hear it. Listening to the radio is not a problem.