Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Great job, JonB !!! Thanks !! I'll pass the info to Ms. You-Know-Who since She has been on my asp about adding the guards/flares to the rear fenders.

On a more serious note, the Yellow Beast was at a local car show this weekend, and received many compliaments. There were at least 20 Viper owners there (a couple without their Vipers)...a large percentage of whom REALLY LIKED the carbon fiber sill flares !!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great job, JonB !!! Thanks !! I'll pass the info to Ms. You-Know-Who since She has been on my asp about adding the guards/flares to the rear fenders.

On a more serious note, the Yellow Beast was at a local car show this weekend, and received many compliaments. There were at least 20 Viper owners there (a couple without their Vipers)...a large percentage of whom REALLY LIKED the carbon fiber sill flares !!

My inital concern is that the rear Quarter-To-Bumper interface seam on SRT-C and SRT-10 appear different. We only have a coupe mule.......we know the inner fenders and fastener geometry is the same, but we ASSume that side-by-side the rear flares might not fit SRT vs Coupe ! Spendy to make coupe-only. Anyone have a SRT1- and Couipe side-by? Loose parts alone wont tell the story

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My inital concern is that the rear Quarter-To-Bumper interface seam on SRT-C and SRT-10 appear different. We only have a coupe mule.......we know the inner fenders and fastener geometry is the same, but we ASSume that side-by-side the rear flares might not fit SRT vs Coupe ! Spendy to make coupe-only. Anyone have a SRT1- and Couipe side-by? Loose parts alone wont tell the story

JonB,

Any updates on the availability of full sets (front/rear) for an 08 Vert? Is installation as simple as removing wheel well screws and replacing after adding guard?

Thanks,
Cincy

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
JonB,

Any updates on the availability of full sets (front/rear) for an 08 Vert? Is installation as simple as removing wheel well screws and replacing after adding guard?
Thanks, Cincy

We have Front CF Guards in stock, Coupe, Vert, ACR; We will have REAR Coupe, ACR in about 3+ more weeks. The fronts go on in a couple minutes, NO wheel removal; if you dont have a super-short driver/socket kit in your toolbox, the rears will require the wheel be removed to access the very-close 3 screws.

We have NOT yet muled up the Roadster Rears, but that happens this week. We have to borrow a car for 2 days (thanks again B.C.) It costs us almost $2000 to make the first pair of each. And depite their HIGH quality, E-Z Install, the low inaugural price, this has NOT yet made the project profitable. IF 10 owners jumped in here for ROADSTER, and 10 for COUPE...we would just about break even to date. Once you SEE em, you WANT em.

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have Front CF Guards in stock, Coupe, Vert, ACR; We will have REAR Coupe, ACR in about 3+ more weeks. The fronts go on in a couple minutes, NO wheel removal; if you dont have a super-short driver/socket kit in your toolbox, the rears will require the wheel be removed to access the very-close 3 screws.

We have NOT yet muled up the Roadster Rears, but that happens this week. We have to borrow a car for 2 days (thanks again B.C.) It costs us almost $2000 to make the first pair of each. And depite their HIGH quality, E-Z Install, the low inaugural price, this has NOT yet made the project profitable. IF 10 owners jumped in here for ROADSTER, and 10 for COUPE...we would just about break even to date. Once you SEE em, you WANT em.

THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST!

Thanks Jon. I'll order a pair of front's today. Once the rears are available, I'll step up to plate on those also.

Cincy

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got mine from Partsrack. Given the way these look with Graphite, I would put them on for sheer appearance. I assume they work well. Maybe I will go find a very gravelly road:) (Sorry for the aggregate reflection from driveway)

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I just got mine. Given the way these look with Graphite, I would put them on for sheer appearance. I assume they work well. Maybe I will go find a very gravelly road:) (Sorry for the aggregate reflection from driveway)

......you already have a gravelly DRIVEWAY !

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just got mine. Given the way these look with Graphite, I would put them on for sheer appearance. I assume they work well. Maybe I will go find a very gravelly road:) (Sorry for the aggregate reflection from driveway)

Very nice. Mine are enroute. Hopefully get them before the long weekend so I can spend some quality garage time putting them on.

Love your car color also.

Cincy

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice. Mine are enroute. Hopefully get them before the long weekend so I can spend some quality garage time putting them on.

Love your car color also.

Cincy

Hopefully, you are smarter than I. Make sure you dig down in the box and get the longer screws that come with them. I tried putting them on with the OE screws--genius. Unless you do what I did, it takes about 3 minutes a side.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hopefully, you are smarter than I. Make sure you dig down in the box and get the longer screws that come with them. I tried putting them on with the OE screws--genius. Unless you do what I did, it takes about 3 minutes a side.

They turn COUNTER-CLOCKWISE to remove, and then.......................never mind

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are nice and probably help a ton, but i could not put them on my car. I saw the samething the other night at a cruise night, a guy had these on his ZO6, they looked like ass. They stick way to far out for my liking. Then again its JMOP no insult intended.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Installation of these REAR fender well stone guards is pretty straightforward...starting with cleaning the area that will have the carbon fiber piece applied.

Remove the three screws (on the rear, two screws are in the fender well, and the third is outside the well, on the bottom of the rear fascia )...then, as JonB recommends, hold the guard in place, then start with the top screw, then the middle screw, and finally the one on the bottom. As you work downward, a little gentle nudge may be required.

To make this job EASY and FAST, use the following tool on the screws in the well (to avoid removing the tire/wheel)

"Craftsman 5-Piece Reversible Ratchet Offset Screwdriver Set"...part number "9 41469"

For the bottom screw, use a standard stubby Phillips head screwdriver...noting that a small awl may help line up this final screw hole.

One car was on the ground, one on a lift...took about 10 minutes per guard on both cars counting unpacking these beauties and cleaning the area.

YES, I will try to take a pic of each car, but the weather has turned sour for now. I'll send the photos to JonB for his viewing and opinion... and he can post them if he has no better ones.

THANKS, JonB !!!!!

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got mine, too - and they look fantastic. I haven't had time to install them yet, but the quality is as good as the fronts, and those look like they were meant to be on an ACR.

You must be registered for see images

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Pretty lame pics of rear guards sent to JonB last week...taken in garage, at night with cell phone. guess he decided against posting them as they really do not show how great the product looks on the ACR or 08 Copue. Hopefully, as weather permits, I can take cars out for a few better pics.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I dont know how to post pix! I usually send em to Chad, but the pix you kindly sent are too small to reveal anything. Here is a REAR that Chad did for me...note all the PRIOR chips that would have been prevented! :
You must be registered for see images attach
And
Here is a straight-on rear shot.
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good job JonB and Chad. They look great in your photos ...and even better in person when one sees the whole car!!!

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be nice if someone could post a good side pic of their car showing both the front and rear....:)

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry, our Vipers are now "weather restricted"...no pics here til things improve.

JonB...The front guards fit the Gen III's. Do you know if the rear guards will also fit Gen III's, realizing that the rear guards for the coupe and convertible are different?? Thanks.

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It would be nice if someone could post a good side pic of their car showing both the front and rear....:)

I've got an 08 Venom Red convertible with the fronts on them now and the rears due in a couple of weeks along with a JonB rear diffuser. Will post pics of all of it by Christmas. This should give you a good idea if you would like them on your Viper.

Cincy

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......JonB...The front guards fit the Gen III's. Do you know if the rear guards will also fit Gen III's, realizing that the rear guards for the coupe and convertible are different?? Thanks.....

Fronts fit 2003-2010, Coupe and Roadie.

Rears for Coupe fit 06-10 Coupes only.

Rears for Roadie will eventually fit 03-10 Roadies only (3 weeks)