Stone Guards on the Wheel Wells

Cincy2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Based on my search of past forum threads, it looks like there are two sources for chip guards for front and rear wheel wells on a Gen IV. I don't want to use the clear 3M style acrylic overlays.

1)PartsRack - Carbon Fiber, front set available, rear set still being designed.
2) Viper Specialty Performance - Full set available but their online store web page is acting up and the pictures don't link.

Has anyone used the VSP version of these? I have to do something. Can't bear to watch my sill paint get gouged.

Thanks,
Cincy

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Parts Rack carbon fiber stone guards on the front of my '09 ACR, and they look like they were meant for the car. In fact, a few weeks ago the car went through a really grueling professional photo shoot (9am to 9pm) where the photographer must have taken several hundred shots at different angles, different locations, different lighting, etc. This guy knows Vipers and exotics, and he didn't even mention (or didn't notice) that the stone guards were installed. If they had looked out of place at all, he would have made me remove them (I had a screwdriver handy just in case).

They look good, and you don't really notice them unless you're looking for them. I've seen the clear-bra stuff on cars and, in my opinion, it rarely looks good for very long (if it ever did).

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the PartsRack design from Jon B. on my ACR.
He assured me they were quality and he was "right on".
I really like the carbon fiber look.
They do a great job on stone protection.
Just waiting on the rears to become available.

Attachments

• P1020063.jpg
    P1020063.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 74

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the website, I haven't had time over the last few weeks to reconstruct it with a new webshost, since my old hosting company royally trashed the database.

Plenty of our Fronts in stock if you need to order them. Rears and Carbon versions coming soon [Credit will be given to those upgrading].There are pictures of them on this website...

http://forums.viperclub.org/vendor-review-viper-specialty/635386-side-sill-stone-guards.html

i dont see any pics of rears(or did i read it wrong)

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper Specialty
Sorry about the website, I haven't had time over the last few weeks to reconstruct it with a new webshost, since my old hosting company royally trashed the database.

Plenty of our Fronts in stock if you need to order them. Rears and Carbon versions coming soon [Credit will be given to those upgrading].There are pictures of them on this website...

Side Sill Stone Guards

i dont see any pics of rears(or did i read it wrong)

________

Look down the thread (Dan's link) to post Nos. 22, 28 & 38. There's some good pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc