stop me if i am wrong !

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1# belanger headers.
2# straight pipes.
3# the size of the pipes are 2"inch.
4# all the pipes are wrap with hi temp. tape roll.

I love a loud viper and when you silence any other sports cars on the road !

But am i loosing power or damaging my engine ???:dunno:

Last edited:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, that sound like a good set up if you're going with a S/C set up or a real big shot of NOS or both. Most will tell you not to use the hi-temp wrap because the belangers are ceramic coated anyway. I don't think you will hurt anything and you'll always gain power when you get a better flowing exhaust. If your ever in Sharm El Shiekh, PM me.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
~Belanger Headers
~3" Straight pipe through side sills (sills run VERY cool)
~Belanger 3" cat back (Aluminized steel gives you a DEEP rumble)

That will be as loud and deep as you will hear a GTS viper.... unless you go with open headers!

1# belanger headers.
2# straight pipes.
3# the size of the pipes are 2"inch.
4# all the pipes are wrap with hi temp. tape roll.

I love a loud viper and when you silence any other sports cars on the road !

But am i loosing power or damaging my engine ???:dunno:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean 3" straight pipe not 2" correct? If loud is what you're after I think you have it nailed with this setup. I'm running Belanger headers, catback and RT cats and it's plenty loud but sounds great. I'm using the 2 muffler version of the Belanger catback instead of the 4 muffler version. There are no mufflers or resonators in the sill just 3" aluminized straight pipe. Sills are definitely cooler over the stock setup. I would call Lou Belanger and ask him about the wrap and gains. You'll be glad you did as he's a wealth of knowledge and will go over every design detail of the Belanger system with you.

Have fun with it!
- Tony

OP
OP
V

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the advice ! but just to make it clear !
There are NO Mufflers at all in my car !
only straight pipes the size is 2" (not 3") !
i just wrapped the pipes "only" Not the headers, they are ceramic and i did not think they needed it !
the sound is very "Evil" and loud !
But i was censored about the preformens thing ?
will it take some horse power out ? will it do any damage to engine ?

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have done research first, before getting 2" pipe. That would be your limiting factor. As far as leaving off the mufflers, the only thing you will hurt is your ears.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the 2" pipes ASAP, they are stealing power and probably creating more heat.

3" will be the way to go!

Should sound AWESOME!!

OP
OP
V

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried 3" pipes a year ago it was loud but very deep like a big pickup but i feel 2" pipes are more titer or sharper like a formal one car and the sound is much better.

The sound is stronger and i dont feel any change in the heat factor !

But i feel the car is faster "may be i am wrong" to bad we dont have a Dino over here !

The main problem if i order any exhaust from the us the shipping is very expensive and there is an extra tax because they manfacher cars mufflers and exhaust over here and they add double or tipple tax so it will cost me a big amount off $$$ !

The pipes cost around $300 bolt on and electric welding .

But if you think so you know better guys !

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a local member who ran small pipes without cats or muffles for awhile.

2" pipes have a high "tingy" or "rice" sound to them. IT'S LOUD for sure, but to high pitch for most people. If you like it, stick with it.

Most americans can not stand that sound, but it's your car and you can do what ever you want with it.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're going to get some opinions on your hood vent color, but that sounds like what I remember of the 2" raspy exhaust. It's loud, but raspy.

3" will deepen it, but if you love the 2"..... don't change.

OP
OP
V

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice =)

I guess i am the only lonely GTS over here in the desert wish i can be over there in the U.S

with the people how really admire these cars and know how to deal with them .

And about the hood vents i know they look bad but i bout the car and they where panted like that and if i paint

them red back again the color will not be the same.

I'll need to pant the complete hood and will cost me a lot !!!

May be next year a complete car color change !

Last edited:

ZEUS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most Americans don't like that sound? No "rice" sounds like that. Raspy maspy, that's the sh$# right there! Only problem is backing off the throttle a mile away at very end of first clip was way too loud---holy crap batman....I'm sure I saw flames. :omg: Get some high flows and you can eliminate some of the popping (if you want).

I love it V-GTS! Enjoy the loud in your face scare the hell out of the next car beside you noise. That stuff picks up chicks. But the drone will eat away at your wives!:D

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The main problem if i order any exhaust from the us the shipping is very expensive and there is an extra tax because they manfacher cars mufflers and exhaust over here and they add double or tipple tax so it will cost me a big amount off $$$

Yea and our gas is 6X as expensive. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery