Stripe colors on Graphite Metallic, which one? (PICS)

Which Stripes?

• Blue

Votes: 43 53.8%
  • Dark Graphite

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Balck

Votes: 17 21.3%

• Total voters

Tere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still a no stripes person. LOL... It took me a long time to find a decent '06 slate coupe with no stripes. Seems everyone has a compulsion to stripe the coupe.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all comes down to personal preference. As you can tell by the many different opinions already...you'll probably have to decide what you like the most without anyone else's opinion because asking for influence will just leave you more confused. Take advantage of photoshop and get some angles with rims and try different color variations on them as well (if you are in to painted rims). At first I didn't like the blue and thought it was a hideous contrast, but after taking a second, and fifth look...it really brings out the surrounding color and makes the gray (graphite or whatever) look glossier. I don't know if it would have the same effect in real life or not. Do you want originality and make even more of a statement than a Viper already does, or do you want to drive up and please most people in a crowd with a color scheme? Personally, I like originality if it's something I truly like.

Good luck,
Justin

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It all comes down to personal preference. As you can tell by the many different opinions already...you'll probably have to decide what you like the most without anyone else's opinion because asking for influence will just leave you more confused. Take advantage of photoshop and get some angles with rims and try different color variations on them as well (if you are in to painted rims). At first I didn't like the blue and thought it was a hideous contrast, but after taking a second, and fifth look...it really brings out the surrounding color and makes the gray (graphite or whatever) look glossier. I don't know if it would have the same effect in real life or not. Do you want originality and make even more of a statement than a Viper already does, or do you want to drive up and please most people in a crowd with a color scheme? Personally, I like originality if it's something I truly like.

Good luck,
Justin

Good points:2tu:

Bat™

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Good luck,
Justin

I have seen some god-awful looking modified cars based on your "personal preference" theory. If you don't worry about selling your car in the future then do as you may but if you are the type of person who will probably sell the car before many years go by, you might want to consider resale appeal.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bat,
You seem to have an attraction to GTS blue. You went from your black/blue stripe GTS, to your blue/graphite SRT and then your white/blue SRT. It's a great theme, and it should carry to your graphite 09 SRT. Go for blue!

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen some god-awful looking modified cars based on your "personal preference" theory. If you don't worry about selling your car in the future then do as you may but if you are the type of person who will probably sell the car before many years go by, you might want to consider resale appeal.

Respectfully...he didn't say anything about resale appeal, he was simply looking for opinions. Most Viper owners buy them and customize them to their personal taste so they can fully enjoy them. Also, I don't think anyone would consider any of the 3 color schemes questioned as pushing his car into the "god-awful looking modified" category, as they all looked nice. So in this case I still stand behind my "personal preference" theory.

Now if he starts asking about adding 16 switch hydraulic suspension, F-14 rice burner style wings, or candy-apple gangster paintjobs, I would have to agree with you.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Respectfully...he didn't say anything about resale appeal, he was simply looking for opinions. Most Viper owners buy them and customize them to their personal taste so they can fully enjoy them. Also, I don't think anyone would consider any of the 3 color schemes questioned as pushing his car into the "god-awful looking modified" category, as they all looked nice. So in this case I still stand behind my "personal preference" theory.

Now if he starts asking about adding 16 switch hydraulic suspension, F-14 rice burner style wings, or candy-apple gangster paintjobs, I would have to agree with you.

Texas Snake, you know how it is; they begin with drinking, step up to **** and before you know it, they are shooting up. I'm concerned that our beloved Blue Bat could begin with some unusual color combination and end up with 26" wheels, fuzzy, plush interior mods, a goon wing and "BIOTCH" on his license plate. I'm just trying to nip the problem at the bud and keep him on the right side of the neighborhood.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas Snake, you know how it is; they begin with drinking, step up to **** and before you know it, they are shooting up. I'm concerned that our beloved Blue Bat could begin with some unusual color combination and end up with 26" wheels, fuzzy, plush interior mods, a goon wing and "BIOTCH" on his license plate. I'm just trying to nip the problem at the bud and keep him on the right side of the neighborhood.

What's wrong with shooting up???:dunno::lmao:

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have always liked blue bats VIPERS, look forward to seeing his next one. JMHO, Blue bat
go for it and I am sure we will all like the final result !:2tu:

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for reference, my past Viper collection ;). I guess in most cases, you can say I've gone against the grain ;).

Bat™

You must be registered for see images attach

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bat definite has had some unusual color combinations in the past, but I've liked them all, and they would stand out even in a groups of Vipers.

I'm not sure what the problem is in having a "BIOTCH" personal plate, just as long as you are into BioTechnology.:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have always liked blue bats VIPERS, look forward to seeing his next one. JMHO, Blue bat
go for it and I am sure we will all like the final result !:2tu:

DITTO, and thank you Bat for posting your GORGEOUS Viper pics again for us! :headbang: ~juli
**LOVING that combo you put up there Alexarz :omg::2tu:**

OP
OP
B

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well guys, I should be getting my 09 Viper next week :). As to what paint scheme I've chosen, you'll just have to wait. I will say one thing though, it will be one of a kind :D.

Bat™

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White would look VERY good, IMO. I've seen a graphite GTS with marroon stripes and it actually looked pretty good.

It would be interesting to see what dark red/burgandy would look like, and also white.. Good luck,

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
all of your past cars have been exceptional... Im sure this new one will not dissapoint, please post pics :D

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is graphite but it is close to a silver/blue color combo. The graphite/blue is striking, but good thing you are on the west coast. You couldn't get away with that color combo in Dallas without being thought of as a Cowboy fan.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like red should have been included in the poll

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodiakleather