Stripes

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a great idea Mark.

Is there anyone here that has a contact at Prefix that could find out what they may or may not do?

I called their sales desk and left a message. They called back three days later. I explained that I wanted the GTS stripes on a SRT. He was calling from a bad cell connection, he started to say "that will not be a problem, they are going to announce" .................. the call died.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they are going to announce what? you better call them back and report back to us. standing by. lol

Reaction score
Just off the phone with my guy at Prefix and of course anything custom is doable after you take delivery, as for before it is delivered all I can say is keep an eye right here you never know!

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just off the phone with my guy at Prefix and of course anything custom is doable after you take delivery, as for before it is delivered all I can say is keep an eye right here you never know!
how long will it be till we know?, i can keep the right eye here but the left eye likes to wonder.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say, all I am allowed to say is there are good things possibly coming our way so with some luck we will know in the next couple weeks.

Could it be the customization option we've been hearing about from SRT: customizing the car unique to the customer's needs.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say, all I am allowed to say is there are good things possibly coming our way so with some luck we will know in the next couple weeks.

If good things do, in fact, come our way it will not help the OP. Getting Gen4 ACR stripes from the factory on a Gen5 GTS is just too much of a stretch. What does his dealer do with the custom car if he fails to take delivery? The good things which possibly could happen would be a choice of either type of stripes on both models or more colors added. One of the things which could push this is that our VCA president elect wants full length stripes on the SRT, and may have been doing some politicking. (just speculating). The other thing is that I have been hearing a lot of Vipers are being ordered without stripes---which says something--either too expensive or folks don't like the configuration. Or they just like the look without any stripes, period. There have been a lot of very vocal critics of the SRT stripes, and why not make the GTS stripes available? I happen to be in the minority who like the SRT stripes and have actually ordered them. Not sure what I would do if my dealer called and said I have a decision to make.

Bill

OP
OP
C

Capt Van

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very good points BIll. Time will tell. Your are right though, 5 grand for stripes is a ton.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the stripes for the SRT were full length and $3k from the factory, I'd jump. What it is now has no appeal to me[/QUOTE

my thoughts exactly, the current scheme is terrible. I do not want aftermarket, but, SRT is forcing me to aftermarket.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope if they are going to give us more options they better tell us soon, or some people that get cars will be ticked off.

Kratos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with all that's said in this thread. The SRT stripes are hideous, so I hope more options come.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope if they are going to give us more options they better tell us soon, or some people that get cars will be ticked off.

This is true....my VIN is 400008...first day of production for custom ordered cars. Might be too late to change stripes already. :omg: LOL
Bill

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the srt stripes are nice, if i order another car it will be an srt with stripes. yellow and black stripes. mmmmmmmmmmm

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told on my Gen 4 from Prefix that they could not do any custom paint before delivery because the factory inspected the car and would kick it back if it was changed( I wanted my diffuser body colour and striped). They told me no problem after I took delivery but not while the factory had control

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what we are seeing here is that SRT has realized that the stripes are too pricey ( and hopefully drop the cost) and that the SRT stripes are not liked by most viper owners.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its funny some prices for options are higher and some are lower here in canada than the usa. like the stripes cost $ 3,500 but the trak pak cost $ 4,000 . is still works out to around the same at the end.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its funny some prices for options are higher and some are lower here in canada than the usa. like the stripes cost $ 3,500 but the trak pak cost $ 4,000 . is still works out to around the same at the end.
interesting, I wonder if we will see the stripes price drop to around $3k

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting, I wonder if we will see the stripes price drop to around $3k

That would be a no-brainer GTS stripes on a SRT for 3K. That saves me the grief of going to an after-market stripe and painting a brand new car.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be nice if we could get some news before christmas. come on prefix, show us you care

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te