Supercharged SRT??

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not likely that you will see a supercharged SRT in the near future. The stock crank pulley is too small in diameter to drive a supercharger off of an there is not enough room between the power steering rack and the stock crank pulley to add a 10 rib system. Looks like twin turbos it is! I have done some experimenting with a SRT and so far with minor engine mods I have made 534 rwhp and 525 rwtq. The mods are ported heads, headers, exhaust, and a cam that is very similar to a 97 cam. I'm going to try a couple of other cams soon and think we should see near 600 rwhp with the right combination.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about the comp coupe cam? I would expect it to be available through Mopar at some point, if not already.

How much were the individual changes? Interested what the exhaust and headers provide alone.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we didn't dyno the Headers & Exhaust alone. Based on what others have seen with their headers & exhaust I wouldn't think that you will see more than 25 to 30 rwhp. I don't know about the comp coupe cam but my guess would be that if you were going to go through the trouble to replace the cam it would be worthwhile to consider something even bigger.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any change to the valve springs to go along with the camshaft? Maybe going back to a dual spring to add force and damping.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did change the valve springs also. There is no need to go to a dual spring nor do I think a set is available. The SRTs have what is called a beehive spring that works well as a single spring. The springs I used won't coil bind until .700" lift and provide more than adequate pressure both open and closed.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rumor is RSI is doing one also. Jason has some good points , so it will be interesting to see where all these thoughts lead. Haven't heard if Cragin has
done anything, but hopefully we will see alot of performance mods ( big and small ) in the coming months , now that there are a few ******* Serpents
out there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960