Supercharger and Spark Plugs

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my car for 6 months now and it seems like it is not running as well as it was when I first picked it up. My first thought is to go through and check/change the spark plugs. However, I have read many things about spark plug heat ranges and tips and am not sure what plugs I should purchase. I have replaced plugs on many engines but none of them have ever had a supecharger.

A little background... Car is a '97. Supercharger was installed around 9K miles with a Corsa cat back and new plug wires. As far as I can tell it is a completely stock Paxton set up. I purchased the car with 19K miles and now it is around 27K. Sometimes under light acceleartion the car seems to flat spot. At the same time I do plugs I plan to clean the MAF and IAC. I replaced the PCV valve already. Please keep in mind that this is my daily driver and that day time summer temperatures can extend into the 115 degree range. The car tends to run a little hot but that's a completely different topic that I am already in the process of tackling.

I obviously want to limit/eliminate the possibility of detonation. I would also like something that is reliable and will last at least 30K miles. What do you all recommend?

On another note, should I use anti-seize on the plugs or not?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nobody knows more about the paxton on a viper than DLM id think. call doug and see what he says.

954-434-9356

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang