Suspension and brakes. GTS vs TA vs SRT

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an SRT with the track and aero packages, and I am finding the SRT suspension has too much pitch/dive. Otherwise the car handles fine. What changes should I make to resist the fore/aft forces without making the ride super hard? I was thinking better dampers might work?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Track Pack ----- 2013 option and included Corsas, Sidewinder II Rims, and the Stoptech rotors. Available on an SRT and a GTS.
Jump forward to 2014 and the GTS gets standard Stoptech rotors, and that is it. If you want the lighter rims ( Sidewinder IIs in Matte Black or Hyper Black ) it is an extra cost option, along with upgrade to the Corsa tires.
The SRT can be ordered with the same lightweight rims and the Corsas, but the Stoptechs are not available, so if someone wanted to have the equivalent of the Track Pack they need to add the two piece Stoptechs -- though if they want upgraded rotors why not Girodisc or even Brembo ones off the TA.
The TA has a bigger rotor , as it is the Brembo one off the ACR-X , but it is not bigger in diameter -

Lots of confusion on this option, but suffice it to say it can be exactly replicated on a GTS, and one only has to buy rotors seperately to have the same thing on an SRT. The TA does not have a Track Pack ,as some have suggested , as it will have the rims and tires, but at noted the Brembo two piece rotors are different.

Reaction score
We have done quite a few MCS suspension swaps which will allow you to set ride height and stiffness visit settings and spring rate changes. The ride will not suffer and may even improve.

I have an SRT with the track and aero packages, and I am finding the SRT suspension has too much pitch/dive. Otherwise the car handles fine. What changes should I make to resist the fore/aft forces without making the ride super hard? I was thinking better dampers might work?

Bruce H.

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think a damper change alone is the answer as dampers would more control the "rate" of dive as opposed to the springs being responsible for the "amount" of dive. You might find the stiffer springs and matched dampers from a TA more to your liking, and Mark's suggestion of the MCS system gives you a lot more flexibility in spring rates.

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We have done quite a few MCS suspension swaps which will allow you to set ride height and stiffness visit settings and spring rate changes. The ride will not suffer and may even improve.

That seems to be the standard swap I'm seeing, any reason I'd want to do a straight T/A suspension swap over MCS? Also I'm in CA if that helps, I see you're in NE.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't think of any. I would think the TA suspension would be more expensive and not nearly as good. You don't get the height adjustability or the quality of dampers or the ability to adjust compression and rebound.
That seems to be the standard swap I'm seeing, any reason I'd want to do a straight T/A suspension swap over MCS? Also I'm in CA if that helps, I see you're in NE.

Reaction score

I can't think of any. I would think the TA suspension would be more expensive and not nearly as good. You don't get the height adjustability or the quality of dampers or the ability to adjust compression and rebound.

What he said :) thank you,

I can hook you up in California with someone to do the install no problem.

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are the Stoptechs a worthwhile upgrade? I feel like the car could use more brake.

dasvolk

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You already have them on your Track Pack car...so apparently they aren't any good (or you just don't know how good they are yet :) ). Do they seem inadequate on the race track, or just around town?

On the track, I expect more from it and the ABS kicks in. How's the ABS programming in these cars? I'm used to BMW M brakes with a huge reserve of stopping power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper