Swapping brakes, tools, tips, and tricks?

OP
OP
P

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen III is still doing it....with the cooler weather coming we should go out and see how these cars stack up.

how did you like autocrossing the viper vs the vette??...torque, 3.07's and taller tires make for a different experience eh?

Hey Stevo...where did Peter get that Roe blower from??? small world huh?;)

I was ~7 seconds faster in the z06 than the Viper (raced Sat in the vette, sunday in the corvette. Was on slicks vs PSs so its really apples to oranges. No ABS *****. I need a proportioning valve as my rears are now locking first with the Wilwoods, means no heavy trailbraking, or you will loop the car.

Torque is fun. You have the pedal the hell out of the car to get her to hook under 60. The Z06 did 474rwtq and 630tq on the jug, so I know torque.

OP
OP
P

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Booooo. No ABS rocks. Just takes more learning to figure out which pads work best and just how hard to touch the pedal. Impress your friends, learn how to track without the ABS handicap.

I'm getting there. The key word is LEARN. Not gonna happen first time out with the car. Stock the brakes lock the fronts first. No good. I went to 6/4 piston Wilwoods, now the rears lock first. Till I get a prop valve, I'll be unable to brake close to what I could do with ABS.

:drive:

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still got the video, and I still got the z06. You know, on video, your headlights look pretty spiffy. behind me. Thanks for the race, the girl sitting shotgun was pretty ... excited. Either the car or video are available to prove themselves.

Yeah, I bought Peter's viper. The car is unbelievably clean. It now has 20 pistons of brakes, and HREs :)

Sorry to bring up an old thread... but are you KIDDING ME!?!?! I just read this. You must have meant the first race when you jumped and I didn't even go... :omg: I have 2 witnesses behind us that saw me pulling away from you TWICE!!! and all that talk .... hmmm
ya... send me... ALL THE VIDEOS!! 2 years later.. :rolleyes: sorry buddy... no offense... you got spanked.. HANDS DOWN! Now you have a Viper to play with... and I don't race anymore, so as my boys and I say... I retire Champion! :D

Its ok... you never sent them .... most corvette guys always have some excuse..
"I had a chick in the car that was 400+ pounds" "My No2 wasn't on" "My tires are bald" etc.....

Congrats on the car though... I sold Peter his supercharger, pm if you ever run into things with it. I know those things in and out!!

OP
OP
P

Payne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread... but are you KIDDING ME!?!?! I just read this. You must have meant the first race when you jumped and I didn't even go... :omg: I have 2 witnesses behind us that saw me pulling away from you TWICE!!! and all that talk .... hmmm
ya... send me... ALL THE VIDEOS!! 2 years later.. :rolleyes: sorry buddy... no offense... you got spanked.. HANDS DOWN! Now you have a Viper to play with... and I don't race anymore, so as my boys and I say... I retire Champion! :D

Its ok... you never sent them .... most corvette guys always have some excuse..
"I had a chick in the car that was 400+ pounds" "My No2 wasn't on" "My tires are bald" etc.....

Congrats on the car though... I sold Peter his supercharger, pm if you ever run into things with it. I know those things in and out!!

[ricer excuse] I have the tape, but no camera to download it[/ricer excuse]

The only moving you ever did was when I lifted because I had a busa in front of me on the brakes. Not worth it to get in a keyboard war on a viper forum, so yeah, nice 'spanking.' Really, the only pulling away that was done that night was the busa that was with us.

I still own the vette, and the viper with the ROE, and I know the vette is much faster. I've literally raced them back to back on the same weekend.

BTW I feel like I walked both those witnesses as well, off the bottle. :)

It's always faster, bigger, and prettier 2 years later huh :lmao:

Anyway, I cant play around like that these days anymore, and I'll buy you a beer sometime to bury the hatchet.

JP

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ricer excuse] I have the tape, but no camera to download it[/ricer excuse]

I still own the vette, and the viper with the ROE, and I know the vette is much faster. I've literally raced them back to back on the same weekend.

BTW I feel like I walked both those witnesses as well, off the bottle. :)

It's always faster, bigger, and prettier 2 years later huh :lmao:

Anyway, I cant play around like that these days anymore, and I'll buy you a beer sometime to bury the hatchet.

JP

funny, those witnesses remember it different, opposite really...but 2 years ago is old news....fun to remember though. :)

I'm always down for run to Mexico:drive: